May first was one of those perfect spring days that seemed to just keep going, allowing time for everything that seemed necessary.
This picture is from our front porch, where the girls and I ate a dinner of grilled frozen pre-made burgers and french fries with cut up veggies. Little did we know that Lola was inside sneaking the leftover burgers off of the counter! (This is really out of character for Lola. So I asked Cora, whose responsibility it is to feed Lola, if she had fed her...and she couldn't remember...)
The day was full of so many other good things! I woke up early, not able to get the work week off my mind, so gave in to working on a model for a few hours. I thankfully made some good progress, so when 7 am rolled around I could take Lola on a walk. I called a few patients for my part-time gig, then took Ina to acro, where her adorable class made a pyramid.
Dan was away the rest of the day helping my dad at the farm, so the girls and I hung around the house. I cleaned out my car, moved the laundry basket down to zero, meal planned and grocery shopped for the week, taught Brooke how to make sourdough, and spent large chunks of time sitting outside watching the girls play with the neighborhood. Spring is my absolute favorite.
Things we are looking forward to this month:
- A dance competition next weekend
- Opening the pool (after years of sitting on the deck in a camping chair, I finally loosened my purse strings enough to purchase actual furniture for the deck!)
- Celebrating Mother's Day
- Cora's last day of pre-school and first day of summer school kindergarten. Bless her sweet heart, she is beyond nervous, so over the next month I will put in some extra confidence building time.
- Tonight: brussels sprouts, caramelized onion, and pistachio pizza
- Monday: kale Caesar salad - add grilled chicken and use this dressing instead
- Tuesday: Dan-Dan noodles (I haven't tried this recipe yet, but Mel never ever does me wrong)
- Wednesday (Cinco de Mayo!): shrimp tacos (I have successfully converted Ina and Mira from shrimp haters to lovers. Cora is the only resistor who stands in the path of shrimp being an easy, go-to meal for us)
- Thursday: leftovers
- Friday: out to celebrate Mother's Day
- Saturday: eating at our neighbor Logan's graduation party!
I hope you have a lovely Sunday!