Hello there Monday morning!
We are on the other side of a wonderful weekend mixed with fun and relaxation that included dinner with friends, Ina's basketball game victory, finally getting the opportunity to exchange Christmas presents with a few family members, a wonderfully entertaining production of Aladdin, church + babies, and cards.
I went to bed with a touch of worry about the upcoming week, but quickly shifted my mindset to think of all the things I have to be thankful for and look forward to:
- All of the laundry is done (and put away!) and Ina and Cora's clothes are laid out for the week. Mira is a wild card and the only thing I can be certain she will not want to wear is whatever I ask her to, so I only choose that battle when it is important to me. Speaking of making mornings easier...
- Ina and I have worked out a to-do list system that makes things easier for both of us. I didn't write one on Sunday and she started writing one herself.
- Small group starts again this week! (I had a huge smile on my face when I typed that.) We are starting the book of Daniel.
- At work I get to:
- Write a document that goes to a certain regulatory agency
- Play with some old data to (hopefully) make a new point
- Send a report to a client summarizing an analysis I have never done before until a few months ago
- Complete an analysis on a huge dataset - this is the type of work I did at my old job regularly and more in my comfort zone- thankful to have some of that!
- Monday: burgers, roasted fries, salad
- Tuesday: eggroll in a bowl
- Wednesday: sheet pan tandoori chicken
- Thursday: pressure cooker Mexican beef + everything green beans
- Friday: Vietnamese lettuce cups + roasted broccoli
- Saturday: leftovers and/or frozen pizza
- Sunday: bacon wrapped chicken in a lemon date sauce (from her yellow cookbook!), roasted whole cauliflower (we had this for the first time last night and boy was it delicious!)