Hello there! Happy almost-Friday! Yesterday was full and flew quickly by and I wasn't even done cleaning up dinner (tacos with braised kale and carrots) when small group started to trickle in.
A new job plus a new school year is the perfect opportunity to iron out a morning schedule/routine. I am naturally more energetic in the morning, so I need to make the most of every minute before I sit down at my laptop to work. Here is the schedule that has been working for me the past few days:
- 4:45 - wake up! I will have hopefully remembered to set the coffee pot the evening before (I usually do this as I am cleaning up dinner)
- 4:45 to 5:15- bible study and prayer. I usually read one chapter of the bible, write down my impression, then go through my prayer list I keep in the same notebook.
- 5:15 to 5:30 - internet surfing - Gmail check, social media, YNAB update, etc.
- 5:30 to 6:00 - blog writing time. I just love that I have worked this time back into my day.
- 6 to 6:50 - workout! I am currently loving LexiJ Wellness videos plus a quick 1ish mile run. I have to be super strict on that 6 am start time, or else I look up and it is 6:45 and I am still in my PJs sipping on my coffee.
- 6:50 to 7: 15 - shower/hair/make up. I have been on a lot of video calls this week, so this step has been more necessary than usual.
- 7:15 to 7:45 - get the girls ready for school/daycare. I lay out their clothes for the week on Sunday, but even so, they require a lot of direction and help with the clothes/hair/teeth/shoes process. If the girls wake up before 7:15 (which happens about half of the time), they are allowed to watch cartoons until it is time to get ready.
- 7:45 to 8:30: Breakfast and hangout time. Pack lunches (if I didn't the night before). Maybe read a book to the girls? This would also be the time that I start a load of laundry, do anything I can to prep for dinner, and/or load/unload the dishwasher.
- 8:30 - Nonny here for the little girls, Ina to school, then work time starts. I have tried to make this "official" by marking work starting with pouring a second cup of coffee and shutting my office door.
Because I am a morning person, for some time I was trying to start work earlier, however that just didn't work with the girls' schedule and not only did I get very little done, I also felt much more overwhelmed. Starting later makes everything more peaceful, but I will admit that working until 5 PM is not something I am used to (I know, pathetic!).
This could all change with meetings and or client needs (or school closings!), but for now I am loving it.
Have a great day!