We are in recovery mode over here. Just when Mira started acting normally again from swallowing a piece of confetti, she developed hand-foot-mouth and has nicely shared it with her sisters.
A weekend at home with nothing to do is just what the doctor ordered. I should be back soon with a recap of our week, but until then here are a few things I have been loving:
My main goal for the rest of 2018 is to make every single salad on Mark Bittman's list of 101 simple salads. My mouth watered more and more with each number.
- Anastasia Brow Wiz. I know zero things about cosmetics, but this pencil helps me. Or at least I think it does...
- Jen Hatmaker's Podcast, For the Love. She is just so loveable. I listened to The Modern Mrs. Darcy's episode, and now my library hold list is completely out of control. My "to-read" stack is at least 9 deep at all times. Also, I am continuing to absolutely adore The Best of Both Worlds podcast.
- Girl, Wash Your Face. After recommendations from no less that 20 people, and waiting a few months on a library hold, I finally read Rachel Hollis's new book. Talk about motivating! I am writing down all the things, working on the art of embracing chaos, and doing a little better each day at completely releasing that mom guilt.
I also just finished An American Marriage (pretty good) and started reading Because of Winn-Dixie with the girls (absolutely love, love, love so far).
- Chicken Biryani with Cucumber Raita: biryani is one of Dan's favorite Indian dishes and this recipe did not disappoint. The kids and adults both loved the burst of flavor in this recipe - give it a try.
- Ina starts kindergartenTuesday. School supplies are purchased, along with a new pair of crocs (rose gold!) and a cold shoulder dress, because apparently these are required on the first day of school.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend!