- Ina didn't have a fever today...but Cora woke up from her nap with a fever and a barky cough. Whomp whomp.
- Our parents as teachers teacher is fantastic. My kids love her and I want to be her best friend. She came armed with Christmas crafts even after I told her my house was a contagious zone.
- Leftovers for dinner plus an early bedtime make for a relaxing evening.
- Starting out a day that I know will be hard with a workout. Really, I don't know why I sometimes dread working out...I love going to the gym and I feel so good afterwards. Sometimes the mind can be a little silly.
- Cora was such a good girl staying home with me all day while I worked. She quietly watched a movie, played in the toy room, and then took an epic nap.
- King crab legs. It is exciting to know that heaven will be even better than eating crab legs.
- The ability to push my pride to the side, say "I'm sorry" and move on. I need to learn to do that more often.
- Getting our Christmas cards sent out. There are still lots of things on the Christmas to do list, but that one is done. The rest will fall into place. I am determined to not stress...which has resulted in a lot of shopping left to do.
- The great and brave volunteers of the live nativity scene we visited - it was cold outside that night.
- Parchment paper. How did I ever put anything in the oven without it?
- Convicting sermons and the fact that I can listen to them over and over (and over) again.
- Our small group. They are just the best.
- Heated seats on a super cold morning.
- Mira FINALLY took a bottle. Praise God! My momma heart was about to burst thinking of her crying and hungry all day. The munchkin latch was the winner.
- Starting fellowship interviews. Even though they take a lot of time and energy and sometimes make me nervous, I like how they remind me of my own career goals and aspirations. If you need some inspiration, listen to the drive and enthusiasm of someone interviewing for a job she really wants.
- Everyone is finally healthy, which means I get my bed back (mostly) to myself, with occasional visits from Mira.
- A delicious carb heavy Italian Christmas lunch at work.
- Listening to my kids laugh hysterically at the same parts of Home Alone that I found hilarious as a kid (and still do).
- An unexpected bonus at work.
- My department did a white elephant gift exchange, where everyone brought something from home they no longer wanted. It was hilarious and fantastic. I also ended up with a veggie spiralizer, which I am super pumped about.
- Just how excited the girls were to see the lights of Christmas in the Park. They squealed their hearts out. It was one of those moments when Dan and I looked at each other and honestly couldn't believe we get to be a part of this.
Have a great rest of your week!