Good Morning! Here is what I was thankful for this week:
- Our neighbor/high school friend delivered a beautiful baby quilt for baby girl! It matches her room perfectly and Ina and Cora both didn't want to put it down.
- As I sold all of Ina and Cora's clothes up to about 9 months, I asked my sister if she had any we could borrow and she gave me a trash can full of clothes. A full sized trash can of pink flowers, stripes, and polka dots. I think we are set.
- Danielle taught me how to find the lock code for the van's radio. Let the worship music jamming proceed.
- We finally, after 13 years of mortgage payments, are through with PMI on our rental house. I was just considering refinancing in order to get rid of it and they saved me the hassle.
- A new round of library books and the hours of entertainment they provide.
- Leftovers of two meals that someone else made for dinner. It doesn't get much better.
- I found a side dish recipe that not only included ingredients I had on hand, but found a use for the squash excess our family is currently under.
- Our friends the Nybergs invited us over for dinner. I know I say it all the time, but I love watching our kids play together.
- Due to bedtimes, we are rarely outside after dark, but the few times we are, Cora is obsessed with the moon. Last night she did't want to come inside when we got home and she kept on pointing in awe and saying, "The moon! It's boo-ti-ful Mom!"
- Our church has made some pastoral adjustments and everything has appeared to work out so well. I know a lot of thought and work went into planning to ensure our church stays healthy and growing, and I so, so appreciate it.
- Dan and Granny and lots of friends and family have made some great progress on our old rental house aka - her new house. There is still lots (lots!) of work to do, but they have made tons of progress in 3 days. I feel so useless because I can't comfortably stand for more than a few minutes, shouldn't lift more than 20 pounds, and have two children in tow that would undoubtedly undo any work I was able to get done. Therefore, we mostly stay at home with occasional visits to view the progress.
- Everything on my to-do list before baby is done! We are ready! Or, should I say, we are as ready as we can be.
- The trees at Granny's house - perfect for climbing, despite everyone's face in the picture. Ina was kind of scared at first, but warmed up. Cora had no fear and kept on yelling, "I get in the tree!"
- Kim brought us over a lasagna to put in the freezer for (whenever) baby girl decides to make her appearance. She and her husband Mike are the best.
- The girls continue to be occasional adventurous eaters. Our dinner was a yellow curry simmer sauce from Aldi with chicken, rice, and roasted green beans. They both completely cleaned their plates and fought over the rest of the green beans. I added raw jalapeños to mine, hoping the spice might motivate some contractions.
- Baby Girl is happy and healthy in my belly...which means she doesn't really want to come out. However, I am still so thankful there are no reasons to induce before Monday, other than the fact that we think she will be a big baby. But, I can handle that, right?
- Down time at work - this week would be a lot more difficult if work was busy.
- Dan and Ina ventured off to Granny's house to help paint after dinner, which gave Cora and I some rare alone time. I actually can't remember the last time Cora and I were alone and I wasn't putting her to sleep. Let me tell you something, that girl is completely different without her sister. She talks so much more, which I didn't even think was possible. She is a lot more inventive in her play. She is sillier. She spent 20 minutes try to "eat" my toes like a little piranha. I had to run to get away from her.
- I have been able to maintain inbox zero in both my work and personal emails every night. It feels so good to have issues closed/resolved just in case.
- We had two sets of papa visitors! The girls were in rare form and all over the place, but it is always nice to have people over.
- My house was cleaned just in time for baby. Now the challenge will be to have the girls keep it clean while we are waiting the next few days out. I would love to come home from the hospital to a clean house.
Have a good week! Hopefully the next time we talk I will be introducing you to the newest addition to our family! <3