(Making herself at home while we have the pool water checked)
- Our pool levels were perfect! For the first time this summer, I didn't have to change anything. And then it appears our pump stopped working...
- I worked from home with the girls there with Granny and Dan came home from work early and I was still able to get a decent amount of work done. This bodes well for my working from home future plans once baby girl is outside the womb.
- After an hour and a half of trying to get Cora to go to sleep and stop screaming unless held in my arms, Dan took over and somehow got her to sleep within minutes.
- I used a Christmas gift card from my mom to get a prenatal massage. When I opened that gift card I pictured a facial/regular massage combo and found out I was pregnant the next day. Ha!
- Weather cool enough to enjoy a little evening fire in the fire pit.
- A last minute dinner that prevented the takeout monster.
- Our friends Silo and Edie turned 2 and 4 and we celebrated with a breakfast taco truck birthday party! It was lovely to catch up with some friends.
- The motorized scooters at Menards. We had a few things on our shopping list that were located in opposite corners of the store, plus due to Dan's tendency to peruse, we were in the store for an hour. I would have lasted for about 10 minutes standing, but with the scooter, I was good to go.
- Granny made salmon patties for dinner with fried zucchini.
- The lovely ladies that work in the 2's and 3's room in our church. Cora recently upgraded classrooms and hasn't done well with the transition. It takes a special person to accept a screaming red head with open arms.
- Team yard work. I helped by sitting in the chair and growing a baby and occasionally pushing Cora in the swing.
- My mom brought Ina over some new outfits to pick from for the first day of pre-school and then we shopped for backpacks on Amazon. Ina is pumped.
- Baby girl is visibly moving. She rolls from one side of my belly to the other, which anyone could see from across the room. Ina loves to sit next to me, sing a song to her, and watch her move.
- I saw Danielle's text about 'meet your teacher' night 20 minutes before it ended. I quickly threw some clean clothes on and brushed Ina's hair and we rolled in with 3 minutes to spare. I am so thankful we didn't miss it, because Ina was literally jumping for joy as we walked through the school and talked about what preschool would be like with her new teachers. They even gave her a free book, which is clearly Ina's love language.
- Our unicorn wall decal arrived. Woohoo!
- My aunt came to paint the nursery wall! Teresa and my grandparents, along with my cousin, were there as well. With so many helping hands, even a DIY ombre wall comes together within a few hours. I will hopefully show the finished project next week!
- Although Ina loved the baby's room, she didn't want to make it her's. We were all a little worried about that.
- Dan was helping a friend all night long, so I was single momming it, which doesn't happen very often. This reminds me how thankful I am to have his help 99% of the time.
- The baby is still doing great. My midwife did check my dilation today and so far just a "finger tip." Although that was my dilation the day before I went into labor with Cora, I have a feeling that we are in this for 2 to 3 more weeks at least.
- Dan fixed the pump on our pool! Yay, now we can vacuum it again. (I never knew I would use the words yay and vacuum" in the same sentence.)
- Cora went to sleep without much of a fuss last night. The child who has slept pretty much perfectly for the last 6 months has decided to pick the two weeks before a newborn comes home to take 2 hours to go to sleep. Sigh.
I hope you have a great weekend! <3