Here is what I have been thankful for this week:
- Our blackberry bush that provides just enough berries for a daily taste.
- Ina is officially enrolled in preschool. After what seems like 26 steps, I have submitted all the paper work and she has been approved, assigned a teacher, and a start date! She is so, so pumped. Now I am on the hunt for a perfect back pack.
- Granny made dinner - so nice to get home and have dinner on the table!
- My mother-in-law landscaped my backyard. She trimmed bushes and cut down weeds that haven't had my attention in years. I gave her a huge hug and had to fight back tears of joy. I actually can look at (parts of) my yard when I go outside. She can stay as long as she likes.
- Cora wearing pig tails. It takes all sorts of wrangling and phone bribing, but occasionally I get her to sit still long enough for me to attempt to make a part down the middle of her head.
- BLTs. Seriously, I think they are proof that God loves us.
- My mom saved the day by buying some sprinkles when the donut shop forgot to sprinkle our donuts for Cora's birthday party. I mean, who has a donut birthday party without sprinkles? Chalk that up as my biggest first world problem of the month.
- Cora was spoiled beyond belief by our friends and family. We had a lovely time seeing everyone and watching the kids play. Kid birthday parties are so fun! Also thankful to my friend Chessa who took some fantastic picutres!
- My gym friends still like me even though I stopped going there. Ha! They had a little party on Saturday night and it was fun catching up with everyone that I used to see every single morning.
- After church and lunch, I sat down on the couch for a few hours and did nothing. Nothing.
- Spontaneous swim dates.
- A very nice couple from our church gave us a beautiful changing table for the nursery and Dan and I picked up a Lazy-Boy rocking recliner (another FB market place purchase!), so my nesting urges are being met! Now I only have 99 other things to do..
- My sister and her family took the girls to the aquarium for Cora's birthday. I think they had a great time and Jessie said they were well behaved. Whew.
- The smell of summer rain.
- Listening to the girls giggle uncontrollably when 'wrestling' with Dan.
- Getting started on baby clothes sorting. I now firmly believe that every pregnant woman should have her mother in law move in with her the month before she is due.
- Dan made dinner, so even after the dishes were done I had enough energy to whip up a double batch of our current favorite muffin.
- Ina and Cora starting to, every once in a while, share toys on their own. Ina is currently better at this than Cora, but I suppose that is to be expected due to their age difference.
- A new iPhone! I was past due for an upgrade.
- The crib (that Danielle and Kyle graciously lent us) is assembled! Cross that off the list.
- Ice cream for dinner. It happens.
Have a great day! <3