It has been awhile, huh? I wish I could say I have disappeared from the blog because my time has been consumed by other things, and in some ways it has. But mostly I am just pregnant and tired and I sleep in past my normal before-the-girls-wake-up blogging time.
I feel zero guilt, because come September, nine hours of sleep will not be happening, so I am soaking it in while I can.
The time has flown by though! A few things we have been up to:
- Swimming, constantly. The girls know as soon as we get home from work/daycare to grab a popsicle out of the freezer and head for the backdoor to change into their swimsuits. We have been swimming so much, in fact, that Ina's hair has turned green on the ends, which many people warned us about. I haven't really looked into preventative shampoo, because I think the green is kind of cute. Chlorine is like an easy way to get mermaid hair, right? Does that make me a horrible mom?
The pool is the only place I feel 100% comfortable, so I am more than happy to make swimming a nightly event.
- Moving Dan's mom. She is moving to our rental house just a mile down the road, which is so exciting. However, because she sold her house so quickly, she had to be out of there before our rental house was open. Thankfully, my mom has let us store the majority of her stuff in her garage, which is now full. The move is almost complete, but we will soon be doing it all again into the rental house. Something to look forward to. Ha!
- We enjoyed 4th of July! Ina was bit by the firework bug this year and was severely disappointed when we blew our way through our fireworks budget in a matter of hours. Next year I might have to allow for more than poppers and sparklers...
- Speaking of budgets, we are finishing up Financial Peace University this week. Going through it a second time around has been particularly interesting and I have picked up on lots of things I didn't think about the first time around. I am so thankful for our small group for doing this study!
- We finished up Ina's t-ball season. While I loved seeing her play a sport, I do appreciate not having to get home just to rush through dinner and out the door again. I know those days are sometimes inevitable when your kids are involved in things, but I do love our family time at home.
- A few things we have been eating lately:
- BLTs once a week, as soon as we get tomatoes from our CSA
- Smoked chicken legs, also once a week with CSA veggies (corn on the cob, beets, roasted carrots, etc.)
- Tacos carne asada
- Coconut curry chicken (an easy staple in our house that the whole family loves to eat)
- Paleo chocolate zucchini bread (I have made that recipe at least 5 times)
- Homemade pizza using this dough recipe. I love that I can make enough for two dinners and freeze half of it.
That is all I have to share for today! I have a mid-wife appointment this afternoon and this weekend is looking very chill. I hope you have a good one! <3