And just like that, she is a walking/running, talking/screaming, nose scrunching, belly button loving, two year old.
A few things that two years means for us:
- So many words. Cora repeats whatever we say, for better or worse. She also says full sentences without being prompted (I think I have counted 7 words in a row!). She can pretty much say her ABC's and count to 10, but isn't necessarily consistent on those.
While she does talk a lot, she hasn't perfected all of the pronunciations, which has been entertaining to say the least. Currently when she says, fork, frog, fox, or firework, it comes out sounding like a colorful 4 letter word and princess sounds more like a body part that shall not be named. Hearing those challenges even the most mature to keep from letting out a little giggle.
She has very recently started randomly saying, "I love you mommy" and giving me a big squeeze completely unsolicited, which pretty much makes my heart melt into a million pieces.
But by far, her favorite word is...
-NO!!! I have tried to redirect. I have tried to give her choices. I have tried to not accept it, to ignore it, to say, "Yes!" or "don't say no" but still...she loves to say it. Sigh. I have read that this is a phase and I am ready for this specific one to pass.
-As Ina says, Cora has a, "red headed attitude." She is mostly pleasant, but when she isn't, she is very upset. We have found what works best is to go to "the red chair" to calm down (both of us!) and that mostly works.
-Two of everything. If she has one of something, she would prefer two, one for each hand. She loves her stuffed animals, dolls, and trinkets and now has a regular rotation of what she likes to tote around.
- Reading. She loves books and anytime she finds me sitting, grabs one, comes up to my lap and says, "Momma, read it." However, she often will grab a book and sit on the floor by herself to flip through the pages and look at the pictures. She loves lift the flap books, Goodnight Moon, The Pout Pout Fish, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, and so many more.
-TV shows - I wish I could say we never watch TV, but I am a tired pregnant momma and sometimes it is the easiest way for me to get ready or cook dinner. Her current favorites are Paw Patrol and Wild Kratts, but she also loves the movie Trolls.
-Singing - as soon as I turn on the radio in the car her little head starts bouncing and she hums and or gets in a word every now and then. She also loves for us to sing songs and for her to sing along.
-Cora is a Momma's girl to the core. She is happiest while on my lap or in my arms, but has really grown to love cuddling with Dan as well. Although I don't think she fully grasps the concept of a new baby coming soon, I can tell she knows something is different because she is even more at my side and not happy when I leave.
-Food: her eating is hit or miss. She loves everything or nothing and I try not to get too worried about it, but she will almost always consistently eat pizza, fruit, and peanut butter.
- Diaper changes
- Having her hair brushed or put in a pony tail.
- Being cold/wet
- Not having access to her belly button when wearing a romper or onesie
- When Ina is holding something she wants, so pretty much any time Ina has something in her hand.
We love you to pieces Cora Lee! Happy Birthday.