- There is a tiny human growing inside my belly. She started out as two half cells and is now over two pounds! The design of the human body amazes me.
- We had an incredibly laid back evening but still managed to get a lot of stuff in. Dan mowed while I played outside with the girls. We weeded our small garden area and planted Ina's tomato plants while Dan cooked dinner. After dinner we sat on the couch and watched some Batman together before the girls took a bath and red books until bed. Why do some evenings feel so rushed and others go so smoothly? I need to start keeping a log of the extremes.
- The construction next door and the entertainment it brings. We are sad to report that the empty lot next to us is quickly being filled with two houses. However, watching the machine that is this construction crew is very interesting. Would it be creepy if I just pulled up a lawn chair?
- The girls went to Deanna Rose farm with Danielle and fed baby goats. Just looking at the pictures she sent makes me want one in our backyard.
- My nephew Kauffman turned seven! Seven! He was my first baby love and will always hold a special place in my heart. We celebrated at my sister's house and even though only half the family could attend (Cora had a fever) it was a good time.
- My mother-in-law's house sold! We have been praying for such good news, and were surprised it happened so fast!
- My pharmacy school girls...and their patience with me showing up 20 minutes late because I went to the wrong restaurant. Forehead slap.
- Watching Ina fearlessly run through the sprinkler and pretending for a few minutes that I wasn't seven months pregnant and it didn't hurt to stand/jump/run so I could have some fun with my squealing daughter.
- Getting a small area of the garage cleaned out for more optimal storage. Baby steps...
- After rocking a fever for two days, Cora is all better!
- Danielle's husband Kyle started playing the drums at church. We brought the girls into the service for the last song and they were so excited to see him up there on stage. Cora kept on pointing to him and squealing, "KYLE!" and then looking at me to make sure that I realized who was up there as well.
- Having a house full of people I love.
- Really close third trimester parking at my office.
- Danielle made Indian food on Saturday and gave me some leftovers which I took for lunch. She made butter chicken and paneer saag - and even made her own paneer. It was so, so delicious!
- Popsicles in summer.
- A morning of making muffins with Cora while Ina slept in. I used to always include Ina in whatever I was doing in the kitchen, but with two of them it is often easier to just let them play while I cook. However, it was fun to re-live the days of teaching those baby hands how to measure, crack an egg, stir, and (of course) taste test the chocolate chips.
- Ina decided to walk home from daycare, which is almost a mile, so I creepily drove beside her the entire time, which prompted many concerned citizens to make sure I wasn't a creepy person trying to pick up a cute four year old girl. While I felt bad about this I was thankful there are so many protective people out there.
- We have (very cold) water in the pool! We have been spending a lot of our free time prepping and putting together an above ground pool in our backyard. With all the steps required, it has been hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Even with water in it, there are still many steps to complete before the project is final, which I am sure is an indicator of the maintenance work that is yet to come. Ha!
- 79 cent ice cream cones from the gas station. I needed gas and had been craving a cone all day. When I saw the sign I knew it was meant to be!
- So many old friends at t-ball games! With our kids all the same age, sometimes they feel like high school reunions.
- Grabbing dinner on the way home from Ina's scorcher of a t-ball game, quickly changing into our swim suits, and playing in the pool until bedtime. After a day at the zoo, the girls were more than happy to go to sleep, which made the bedtime routine a breeze. We love summer already!
Have a good end to your week! <3