Hello there! Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Doing anything to celebrate? We are making tacos carne asada and sipping on some lime soda water while staring at the puddle that is our back yard and trying to come up with a game plan for tomorrow's yard work.
Summing up the past 7 days:
- Lots of rain, hence the back yard turned puddle.
- Harry Potter weekend marathon (which led to a delayed Harry Potter nightmare marathon. Ugh. I knew we should have stopped at the 3rd movie).
- Family lunch date at Chuy's to celebrate Dan's birthday. The whole family shared fajitas for two and it was the perfect amount of food.
- An early mother's day present for me. It was Dan's birthday month, so we took advantage of the 50% off discount.
- T-ball practice and swim lessons (we have a month overlap between the two, and having two weeknight activities is keeping us active)
- Family walks. OK, Just one family walk, but I have high hopes for more next week with more sunshine in the forecast.
- I went to the gym. Once. Must hit my goal of two to three times next week.
-I started a new book for me (Lean In, by Sheryl Sandberg) and we are almost done with Ina's (very short) chapter book My Father's Dragon. So cute!
-I am feeling and looking very pregnant. Only 18 weeks to go. Ha!
Saturday: Mac and cheese. From a box. Not organic. Yep.
Sunday: We didn't wrap up small group until late, so we ate microwaved popcorn while waiting for Dan to fry up some hash browns and eggs in the skillet at 8 PM. Just keeping it real.
Monday: Greek chicken wraps before t-ball. I manned the grill! These were so good, but the best part was the addition of the pickled onions. Cora ate the entire bowl that wasn't put on our wraps.
Tuesday: bone-in/skin on chicken thighs on the Traegar (so good!) with beets, sautéed garlic-y kale, and cottage cheese
Wednesday: baked salmon, roasted sweet potatoes, and roasted broccoli - it took three pans, but this was a nice set it and forget it type meal and super healthy. Ina finished her plate. Cora didn't touch her's.
Thursday: Korean beef bowls, cucumber salad, and greens (from our new CSA!!!) after swim lessons.
Other recipes I made and loved this week: paleo banana blender muffins, freezer coconut oil chocolate cups, and egg wraps.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend! <3