(I really do try to tame Cora’s hair, but it just does that. She is destined to forever look like Pebbles.)
How was your first work day of 2017? Mine was surprisingly uneventful. I expected my email box to be full of questions from others who were back at it, but that didn’t happen. So, I did some training, crunched some numbers from 2016’s budget spreadsheet to project how much we need to set aside for expenses each month (because that is important), and called the IRS to tell them that no, I did not in fact make $1.5 million last year, contrary to what their letter said. I did tell the nice woman that I would be happy to pay taxes on it if someone wanted to give me the lump sum.
The chances of us getting audited went up a trillion percent.
After work I came home to dinner ready in the crockpot and our new Amazon Fire Stick in the mail box. We cancelled our satellite and signed up for Sling TV to save $$$. I will let you know how I feel about the decision after a month of use. We watched a new Fixer Upper last night and despite a few pauses, we were happy with it.
The night ended with ballet performances by Ina and Cora, which has become a daily routine.
- Heated seats in my car. I didn’t wear a coat yesterday and instantly regretted that decision.
- Danielle making math worksheets for Ina. She absolutely loves them and begs us to make more for her when she gets home. Seriously, she wrote us a note (folded and stuffed in an envelope) the other day that said, “Do Homework."
- Dan helping with laundry. The mountain never ends.
Workout: (by Fitness Tiger KC)
- Tabata 20/10 x 8
- 35# KB swings
- 35# goblet squats
- Workout: 5 x 7 minute EMOM (2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14)
- 50# sand bag clean
- push press (25# dumb bells)
- suitcase squat (25# dumb bells)
Once I didn’t make the minute (which happened for me around 8 or 10), the EMOM went to AMRAP, and I made it to 12…but never reached 14. I also had to leave early because Dan had to leave the house early, so I only finished 3.5 rounds, which was enough to leave me huffing and puffing.
I hope you have a great day! <3