Hello and Happy Friday! The first week os 2017 is in the books.
We woke up yesterday to a blanket of snow!
Starting at 6:30 am, Ina asked if we could go outside to build a snowman approximately every 3 seconds. So, the moment the sun came up we layered up and gave it our best.
As it turns out, the snow was very dry and wouldn’t stick together, so our best wasn't all that great. Thankfully, Ina was happy to have a pile to stick the carrot in, so we called it a win.
The girls went to daycare and I worked from home in my slippers. We came home and started working on our first meal from Blue Apron. If you haven’t heard of them, the basic concept is this company sends you all the ingredients for a meal, along with a step by step recipe with pictures.
One of my sweet, sweet friends gifted a few meals to us in memory of Papa Gordon, so I thought it would be a good idea for the girls to help me with the cooking.
Ina was very much into it, and overzealously threw a few things in the pot a little early. And she broke a bowl.
Cora just couldn’t quite understand why she could see me and yet I wasn’t holding her. I don’t like to brag, but I was pretty proud of the fact that we created an edible meal and I didn’t lose my cool while stepping on glass shards, holding a crying baby, and scraping the burnt rice off the bottom of the pot.
I think I might go back to turning on Disney Junior during dinner making. Ha!
- I feel great! Cleaning up my eating has been so refreshing and I can tell my body is loving all these fresh veggies.
- Cora started feeling better - she had a fever for all of a few hours, which was weird, but thankfully it was short.
- There is still room for my car in the garage! No snow scraping for this girl.
- The ability to work from home and not drive in the snow
- Dan stayed safe while plowing snow. Him being out there in those big machines just makes me nervous.
- Faster internet: now that we switched to Sling TV, we needed a little upgrade, which our company was happy to provide during the snow yesterday.
Workout: (by Fitness Tiger KC)
- Warm-up: 8 minute AMRAP Turkish get-ups. (15# to 25#)
- Workout: partner 5 minute stations AMRAP
- 10 cal assault bike/15 sit ups
- 10 ball slams/jump rope
- 15 cal ERG/10 v ups
- 10 thrusters / 10 sumo dead lift high pull
- 10 plank sandbag pulls/box jumps
The cardio burned so good.
Dan plowed snow on Thursday morning, so I stayed home with the girls and slept in until 6. It was glorious and needed, as today’s workout was tough.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend! <3