Happy New Year!
I did not make it to midnight, but a respectable 10:45, which I am very proud of. We spent the evening with Danielle and Kyle’s family and had a great time eating treats, watching movies, and playing games.
Other things since we talked last: I had the treat of spending Friday evening with a few of my dear friends from high school chatting and snacking.
I visited two grocery stores.
I scrubbed my hard wood floors. I wish I could think of something more exciting, but when a lot of time and energy are spent on a task, it must be documented.
This week’s meal plan:
Today is the beginning of another DP detox, which really means I am focusing on cleaning up my food. Yay for vegetables!
- Sunday: chili with raw vegetables
- Monday: potsticker noodle bowls with roasted green beans
- Tuesday: creamy crock pot coconut chicken with brown rice and roasted broccoli
- Wednesday: Blue Apron Meal 1
- Thursday: Short cut vegetable ragu with sautéed kale
- Friday: Blue Apron Meal 2
- Saturday: spaghetti squash pizza bake
- Breakfast and snacks: spinach and sweet potato egg bake; hard boiled eggs; smoothies; SP/banana bites
- Lunches: spicy chicken and sweet potato meal prep magic
- A fresh, new, blank planner ready for 2017. Is there anything better?
- Goals: writing them down and seeing them through.
- Seeing my high school friends was such a treat. I am so proud of them and love them to pieces.
- My mom hooked us up with FREE gas at HyVee with her fuel saver discounts.
- The girls sat through two grocery stores with minimal problems.
- Danielle and Kyle’s family including us in their NYE get together, just like we were part of the family. We love them.
Friday (Designed by Fitness Tiger KC)
- 10 sets of single leg, double leg, single leg jump
- Heavy kettle bell swings 10 set of 30 seconds (50#)
- 3 minute AMRAP x 4
- Round 1: 20 single leg glute bridge, 10 narrow squat to wide squat
- 100 mountain climbers
- Round 2: 8 knees to chest push ups, 8 spider push ups
- 50 plank jacks
- Round 3: 8 single leg burpees, 20 skaters
- 50 reverse crunches
- Round 4: 12 supermans, 6 plank walk outs
- Group effort: 50 pull-ups: I had 5 rounds and mostly tried to lower myself as slow as possible. On the last round I tried pulling up and moved a few inches…until one of the coaches was nice to give me a little assist.
Saturday (Designed by Fitness Tiger KC)
- Skill work: 5 minutes of kettle bell shoulder stabilization
- Two Dumb Bells Walk into a Bar (isn’t Kent so clever?): 2 Rounds using 30# dumb bells (ouch)
- 20 squat thrusters
- 16/17 plank taps
- 20 chest presses
- 16/17 curls
- 20 front rack lunges
- 16/17 cleans
- 20 snatches
- 16/17 bent over row
- 20 inchworms with weights
Whew, this was hard. As you can see from the video, I spent a lot of time just standing there trying to breathe. Ha! I barely finished in time to get home for Dan to be able to leave.
Today is a rest day, which my arms are so, so thankful for!
Have a fantastic day!