Good Monday morning to you.
I hope you had a great weekend. Ours’ included a whole bunch of relaxing, but started with a workout on Friday morning at FitnessTiger KC:
- The Liz
- Donkey kicks and sit ups
- Happy Birthday Liz 19:64 partner AMRAP
- 53 goblet squats (40#)
- 53 tuck jumps
- 53 frogger burpees
- 53 good mornings
- 53 hand clap push ups
- Circuit x 2 40 on /20 off
- jump rope
- Thor hold
- legs only bike
- bosu ball battle rope
- knees to elbows (or, in my case, knee ups)
- glute bridge on balance ball
We spent the weekend waiting for bad icy weather that never really came, which is good. Sunday morning Ina announced that she wanted to thank God that our power still worked. I agreed.
Cora has a new schedule of waking up at 5 am, so she helped me make pancakes on Sunday morning. If you are looking for a healthy pancake recipe (gluten free, no added sugar) this is it.
Even though the weather stayed good, we pretended it wasn’t by staying in most of the weekend, with the exception of church on Sunday morning/afternoon. Dan brought home a lot of wood from his grandma’s house and we had a fire in the fireplace all weekend long, which was just so cozy. I started one of my new library books (Pretty Girls), and really didn’t get much else done because of it.
I will pay for weekend inactivity today and the rest of this week, but it felt great to just sit.
Here is our meal plan for the week:
- Monday: salmon, roasted green beans, and potatoes
- Tuesday: chunky beef, cabbage, and tomato soup
- Wednesday: 15 minute lazy noodles
- Thursday: leftovers/out to eat
- Friday: southwestern chicken casserole
- Saturday: one pot middle eastern chicken and rice
- Sunday: piri piri chicken (trying again…couldn’t get to it last week)
I hope you have a great week! <3