Good morning! My body and my house are currently recovering from a great weekend of celebration, during which I took zero pictures.
How is that even possible? I think it is because my work email is on the same device I use to take pictures, so in order to avoid thinking about work, I leave my phone in a different room. Time to break out the old point and shoot!
Abby did capture a great moment of Cora delighting in the fact that she was high above everyone at the table below, my nephew Bauer trying to climb as high as his 3 month older cousin, and my sister trying to prevent a tragedy.
We went shopping. We went to a Christmas party. We sang songs. We watched the snow fall down. We opened presents. We made egg nog. We watched football. We played cards. We ate (a lot).
Real life is going to be hard today.
Here is my meal plan for the week, which will require having something more than egg nog in my refrigerator.
- Monday: pulled pork and goat cheese (or cheddar cheese) quesadillas with sliced cucumbers (Ina’s new fave)
- Tuesday: 20 minute sausage and brussels sprouts pasta
- Wednesday: butternut squash soup with grilled sandwiches
- Thursday: My friend’s birthday party - they are making chili
- Friday: chicken enchiladas
- Saturday: Christmas Eve dinner at Dan’s grandma’s house
- Sunday: Christmas dinner at my grandma’s house. I need to figure out what my contribution will be.
Here are last week’s workouts. Again - all of these are designed by the fantastic Fitness Tiger KC.
- Skill work
- 5 minute low windmills: worked my way up to 30#
- 5 minute high windmills: worked my way up to 25#
- Sitting overhead press (20#)
- Single arm chest press on bosu (25#/30#)
- Landmine rotation (I didn’t get the hang of this one until the time was up)
- Single leg squats
- Box handstand pushups
- I, Y, and T (8#/10#)
- Kettle bell swings (35#/40#)
- Cossack squat (20#/25#)
- 12 minute EMOM
- 12 sumo deadlift high pulls(40#)
- 10 burpees
- 20 thrusters
- 30 opposite toe taps
- 40 bent over rows
- 50 mountain climbers
This one was a doozy. Those thrusters are hard work. My forearms were spasming by the 3rd round of swings. I was sweating like a beast.
- Part 1: Snatch(tacular)
- Buy in: 20 jumping lunges
- 5 snatches every 30 seconds x 10 (30# kettlebell)
- Buy out: 20 jump squats
- Part 2: The Century: pause every 2 minutes for 8 push-ups
- 100 goblet squats (35# KB)
- 100 crunches
- 100 flutter kicks
- Part 3: 100 m ERG row/bike sprint/wall sit
- First round: 20 sec
- Second round 19.9 sec
- Part 4: single arm kettle bell swings 30 sec work/10 sec rest x 10 (35#)
- 5 minute EMOM: I started out with 25# and struggled my way through 30#. Struggled hard. Thankfully Kent was behind me to push my arm the rest of the way
- 3 strict press
- 3 push press
- Core Tabata 4 minutes of 20/10
- Hallow rock
- Dirty dog
- 2 minute leg hold
- Circuit 45/15 x 2
- Battle rope
- Ball jacks
- Walking lung with overhead plate hold
- Sit ups
- Stability ball stir the pot
- Single leg bosu balance
- Box jumps
- Jump rope
- 5 minute kettle bell swings with 5 burpees, 5 plyo pushups, and 10 tuck jumps mixed in (35# x 190)
Friday to Sunday: REST
I didn’t mean to rest three days, but the weather left me stuck at my grandma’s house without even a sports bra to workout in. I will make up for it this week.
Have a good one! <3