I hope you are having a great weekend so far! I will see you tomorrow with a weekend update, but for now I’m sharing how I plan to make this week successful-ish.
I thought I would start summarizing my workouts from the week before in my meal plan posts to track my progress and to show you all how fun these workouts are. All of these workouts are written and designed by Fitness Tiger KC (they also get all photo and video cred.).
If you live in KC you really need to come give the class a try. Coaches Kent and Sheena are just the best.
Perfect example: my 500 meter ERG test. A month ago I rowed 500 meters as fast as I possibly could. I gave it my all, felt like I was going to hurl afterwards, and finished in 1:52.
A month later (yesterday), I went into my re-test positive I wasn’t going to improve my time. Yes, I had been training 5 days a week, but I didn’t “feel” any faster. I didn’t even want to do the re-test but finally Kent convinced me to do it and then had everyone stay after class to cheer me on.
I gave it my all, felt like I was going to hurl afterwards, and finished in 1:47! Not only was I faster/strong, but the camaraderie that had been built over the past month helped to cheer my on. Like I said - the best!
- Every Other Minute on the Minute for 14 minutes. I started at 35# and ended at 40#. My arms were screaming the last two rounds.
- 3 clean
- 3 front squat
- 3 push press
- 3 bent over row
- 3 reverse lung each leg
- Battle rope
- Ball slam with rotation
- Bench hop over
- Bike (of death)
- Heavy hold (60# each side)
- Burpee over box
- Ab Wheel
Strength + cardio - whew, what a great workout!
- Tabata jump rope: 20 seconds jump/10 seconds rest for 4 minutes
- Skill work: high and low kettle bell windmills
- Angie’s Ugly Half Sister: Partner Workout
- 150 pushups/plank hold
- 150 squats/lung hold
- 150 sit ups/leg hold
- Plate overhead press/plate hold (I used 35#)
- 50 ball slams (we used 50# and after that workout I couldn’t even get it over my head)
I don’t know who Angie’s sister is, but I don’t like her. My arms were trembling at the end. I completely lost count of my swings. It was a day.
- Strength stuff (I forgot what it was called)
- Glute bridge 3 x 20 (unknown weight sandbag)
- Barvarian split squat 3 x 10 each leg 35#)
- Single leg dead lift (3 x 10 each leg 35#)
- 12 turkish get ups (20#)
- 7 goblet squat (started at 30# and worked up to 45#)
- 19 sumo deadlift high pull (started at 30# and worked up to 45#)
- 4 dumbbell snatches (25# to 35#))
- 1 dive-bomber
- Balance: 30 seconds of crow; 30 seconds of airplane x 4.
- Blackjack: 7 minutes AMRAP each round
- Round 1
- 7 sandbag clean to catch
- 7 sandbag lung with rotation
- 7 sandbag drags in plank
- Round 2
- 7 dumbbell thrusters
- 7 curls
- 7 manmakers
- Round 3
- 21 plank shoulder taps
- 21 plank ups
- 21 leg lifts
I fell during the warm up, if that is any indication to how the day went. Whew. Ready for the weekend!
- Every 30 seconds for 5 minutes (25#)
- 2 kettle bell cleans
- 5 front squats
- 10 push-ups
- 10 sit-ups….down to 1
- prowler push/sandbag carry/sledge hits
- battle rope/heavy hold
- bosu squats/jump squats
- stability ball plank hold/ERG
- legs only bike/push press
- slosh pipe hold/ball slams3
This week we have Christmas get togethers galore, so I am hoping to squeeze in a green smoothie every once in a while. I also am taking Thursday and Friday off work in hopes to spend some time with my family that is in town from Texas, so it is kind of like Christmas is already here. Cue lack of Christmas shopping freak out...
Here is my meal plan for the week:
- Sunday: Small group Christmas meal - everyone is bringing their “best” dish. Dan is making meatballs. I am making hoagie dip.
- Monday: Thai beef with fresh vegetables
- Tuesday: southwest chicken casserole (from WildTree)
- Wednesday: out to eat with Dan’s sister
- Thursday: leftovers
- Friday: my part time job’s Christmas party
- Saturday: my dad’s side of the family Christmas. We are making pulled pork.