How is your holiday week going? I took yesterday and today off work to slowly ease back into the grind after Christmas. The girls and I have nothing planned today and I am weirdly looking forward to it.
Yesterday we visited my friend Sarah who is in town and the girls were spoiled by her parents who had puzzles and toys and books laid out for them to play with. Her mom even made a grain bin, which quickly resulted in pasta everywhere. They were in heaven.
We came home and Cora took an epic nap while Ina and I tackled a laundry mountain and re-arranged her bedroom. She promised that she would sleep in her room forever now. Who believes her?
After dinner (leftovers), we played one of Ina’s birthday gifts - The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel. We had so much fun playing this game, which I never thought was possible given our age differences. Now I am on a mission to find other games the entire family can enjoy. Game night >>> TV night.
I have decided I am going to start blogging more. For motivation, I am going to report my workouts and 3 things I am thankful for daily, instead of weekly.
Tuesday Workout: (by Fitness Tiger KC)
- Mini Fitness Test 30 seconds x 2
- Max push ups (11/13)
- Max squats (23/23)
- Max sit ups (21/21)
- Max pull ups (ummm…I hung there for a few seconds…)
- 12 Minute EMOM (30# KB)
- 8 snatches
- 8 cleans
- 8 front squats
- Partner work x 5
- 10 single leg dead lifts
- partner holds band squat
After this workout I decided one of my 2017 goals would be to do one pull up. One. I think I can make it happen.
- Dan moved our old washing machine out of the living room and I took down the Christmas decorations. Clutter be gone!
- Christmas cards. They are seriously one of my favorite things about the holidays and I love getting the mail everyday.
- Having the chance to talk to my oldest friends. We have a group text that is constantly happening, but seeing them in person is so much better.
Have a lovely day!