I hope you had a fantastic Christmas!
Ours’ was just lovely, but I have to say my favorite part about it was spending so much time with Dan and the girls. We rarely get this much alone time as a family and we had so much fun together. A few highlights:
- Shopping and church on Christmas Eve Eve. I seriously wanted to slow clap after the sermon. You can listen to it here.
- Watching Rogue One. (Both girls did awesome. Popcorn is a great bribing tool.)
- Spending Christmas Eve at Dan’s grandma’s house
- Opening presents at home on Christmas morning
- Enjoying Christmas evening at my grandma’s house
- Shopping the day after Christmas for our new pet fish
- Having Dan’s mom and grandma over for steak and crab legs
Also, here were our workouts last week. Designed and implemented by Fitness Tiger KC.
- Warm-up continuation: 5x5:
- inch worms
- push ups
- jump squats
- The Hourglass 4 x 5 minutes (50# sandbag)
- 6 deadlift
- 6 bent over rows
- 6 cleans
- 6 lunges
- 6 shoulder press
- 6 squats
- 5 minute wall sit with sandbag with occasional breaks of pushups, squats, and mountain climbers. The last minute was holding the sandbag over your head. Whelp, that was hard.
- Tabata kettle bell swings: 20 sec work/10 sec rest x 8. I did 97 reps x 40#
Thoughts: After 3 days in a row off, this workout kicked my booty. Getting that 50 pound sandbag over my head was a lot of work. It felt good to be back.
- Pyramid 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 Turkish Get-ups. (20# on the way up; 25# on the way down)
- KB Windmills 10-9-8-7 (25#)
- Inna Gotta Tabata 20/10 x 8
- Push ups
- Burpees (ugh)
- Cool Down.
- 12/21: The goal was 12 rounds. I completed 8 and a half.
- 21 sit ups
- 21 v ups
- 21 bicycles
- More Ab Work: The goal was 10 rounds. I completed 7 and a half.
- flutter kicks 21x 4
- hello darlings x 21
- windshield wipers x 16
Whew, I never thought I would sweat so much while lying on my back. My abs will feel that for the next few days.
- skill work 6 x 4
- lateral jumps
- diamond pushups
- The Grind Circuit 30/10/30/30 x 2
- battle rope
- bottom’s up hold
- kettle bell
- bosu ball pushups
- bear hug squats
- Thor hold
- 10 minute EMOM (35#)
- 20 kettle bell swings
- 5 goblet squats
- goblet lunges 12x4 (35#)
- 60/30 circuit x 2
- Single leg box step up
- 60# bench press
- sumo deadlift high pull (35#/50#)
- bent over row (25#)
- pull up bar hang (or, in my case, attempt to hang)
- plank walk overs
- bag lateral jumps
- single arm overhead squat (25#)
- jump rope
Saturday: our special 90 minute holiday workout (which was wrapped before we got there. Hehehe.)
Sunday: REST - which was rightly earned after Saturday. I don’t know if I will ever be able to enjoy The 12 Days of Christmas again.
Have a great day!