Yesterday started out great, but ended with Ina having a fever and up most of the night with a cough, runny nose, and sore throat. I am praying that a lot of rest today will heal her right up. Despite the ickies, she was remained her usual talkative self, and wanted to talk about everything while she couldn’t sleep last night. So, I slept through my workout alarm this morning. Oops- accidental rest day.
However, the rest of the day was great. I deep cleaned our master bathroom and bedroom while the girls played on their own and then I joined them in a few puzzles and a great game of hide and seek (Ina is so into this right now).
After lunch Cora took a nap and I could tell that something was up with Ina, so we rested in her room while reading a few chapters of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Once I was done with putting dinner together (skyline chili with pasta and roasted b. sprouts), we headed to the park.
The weather was perfect and I felt guilty about keeping the girls cooped up most of the day. It was so fun to see Cora running around and playing with Ina. I know I talk about this a lot, but I have been so looking forward to this stage.
We met Dan at home for dinner followed by a reading session and early bedtime.
Adulting is so fun.
Wednesday Workout (by Fitness Tiger KC)
- Warm-up: 5 minutes of light weight kettle bell windmills (25#)
- Tabata 20/10 x 8
- Jump Squats
- Donkey Kicks
- 10 Round AMRAP 30/30 (35# dumbbells)
- Suitcase deadlift
- Renegade row
- Clean and Press
- Circuit 30/15 x 2
- Bar hang knees to chest
- Pavlov press
- Single leg squats on box
- Stability ball pikes
- Assault bike
- Heavy hold (60# kettle bells)
- Sumo deadlift high pull (40#)
- 5 minute swings (35# x 160)
My forearms and grip were cashed after this workout and I can definitely feel it today. I could barely hold on to the kettle bell at the end. My hand calluses are forming at an exponential rate.
- Bleach. I have tried a few homemade, all natural cleaners, but sometimes you need to bring in the big guns.
- Cora has started to say, “cheese!” when I hold up my phone to take a picture. This is a huge deal.
- Broken TV. I know, I know, I just said I was thankful that our TV was fixed, but the bulb went out again (I am calling on it today) and I love evenings without the TV on.
I hope you have a lovely day! <3