Good morning! Where did this week go? I had every intention of writing daily this week and all of a sudden it is Thursday.
Daylight savings time always does this to me.
I tried to put Cora to sleep at 6 the other night. Sigh.
On a more positive note, here is what I am thankful for this week:
- Ina not getting too hurt when she face planted on her trip to Burr Oaks this week. I think she freaked out at first due to the blood, but once she came home she seemed perfectly fine.
- My replacement FitBit! My FitBit Charge stopped charging (ironic?) and after a very long conversation with FitBit customer services, and now how a few one!
- Frozen vegetables! Seriously, I almost forgot how amazing these are - already prepped and no worry about them going bad. My current favorites are fresh green beans and chopped kale.
- Checking things off my to-do list. So re-charging.
- A quick and easy car estimate. Who knew that a little scratch would cost over a grand to fix?
- Having a movie that the whole family can enjoy together. Goonies FTW.
- Waking up at 4:30 on a rest day and having plenty of time to plan for meals, birthday parties, the holidays, etc.
- Garage parking. Please don’t let me give this up.
- Family park date. It was fantastic to have no plans on a Saturday night other than playing at the park.
- Having friends in high places (friends with free suite Chiefs tickets!)
- Teresa watching the girls while Dan and I had a fun day.
- Early bedtime. I am so old.
- An “easy” mobility workout.
- Danielle watching the girls extra long so Dan and I could go to counseling. She is the best.
- Trader Joe’s easy meal options, so that after work, and then counseling, we still can have dinner at home. I bought their pre-cooked chicken patties and Dan sizzled those up while I roasted some baby potatoes and green beans. Dinner was on the table in 20 minutes and the girls loved it.
- No lines at my voting station.
- My replacement credit card came in the mail. Want to decrease your spending? Lose your card. Ha!
- Watching the election coverage with Ina and explaining the process to her. I think I learned a few things myself.
- I live in a democracy. That is about as political as I will get. :)
- Flu shots at my work. So easy!
- Dinner with family! I had some delicious white pizza, but my stomach wasn’t very happy about that decision this morning. Ha!
What are you thankful for?