Hi there and Happy November 1st!
Did you have a fantastic Halloween? I feel like our’s was a blur.
We did the trick-or-treat thing. Then the hand out the candy (er, chips) thing. Then the turn our lights off, eat nachos, and drink a margarita thing.
I wasn’t the biggest fan of the 4:40 alarm this morning, but it felt good to sweat some of that out at bootcamp.
The beginning of the month always leaves me feeling motivated, so I thought I would put some of those thoughts to action by typing out some goals for the month.
1. Do a 7(+?) day “detox". Starting today. This “detox" is relatively simple and maybe should just be called “clean eating". You know, what I strive to do all the time, but actually do about 75% of the time. For the next 7 days I am staying clear of refined sugar and flours and focusing on real whole foods. I hope that if I enter the holiday season with a renewed taste for clean food, I can enjoy treats without overdoing it.
2.Get family pictures taken. I am so embarrassed to admit this, but we haven’t had family pictures taken since Ina turned one. She is turning four in a month. I do, however, take lots of pictures, so maybe this makes up for it. Now I need to get them printed out.
3. Speaking of Ina turning four, I need to plan her birthday party. I think we are going ice skating, which sounds like a logistical nightmare, but I have high hopes it will turn out great. Instead of getting a party room, I think we will just set up a table with some cupcakes and call it a day.
4. Inbox zero. My inbox(es) act as my to-do list, and while inbox zero is my goal, I have been operating around inbox 5 with a few nagging to-dos that I haven’t done. I don’t want to go into the new year with these on my plate. so away they must go!
5. Squat challenge. This month’s challenge at my gym is a 1 minute max squat then add three to that number every day. My glutes are crying just thinking about it.
6. Clear a space in the garage for my car. The struggle of being married to a hoarder is real my friends. Driving to the gym in the cold wee hours of winter will be much easier if my car is inside the warm(er) garage.
What about you? Anything you would like to accomplish? I hope you have a fantastic day and month!