I hope you had a great Thanksgiving week!
Our’s started out with Cora having croup, which included sleepless nights and lots of cuddle sessions. Thankfully her doctor called her in some steroids, which helped with her breathing, but her ickiness continued into the week. Then, Ina got sick.
Then, I broke my washing machine with my brute strength. Or carelessness. Let’s go with the former.
Regardless of sick children, our Thanksgiving was a good one. We hosted and provided the turkey while everyone else brought side dishes. My grandma sat in the kitchen and instructed me on the rolls, stuffing, and gravy, just as she did last year. This year I made some notes, so hopefully I don’t forget. Maybe next year I can do it on my own!
We have spent the rest of the week resting, watching movies, and decking the halls. I think we are officially ready for Christmas.
Here is my plan for the week:
- Monday: Thanksgiving leftovers. One. More. Time.
- Tuesday: smoked turkey BBQ pizza with salad
- Wednesday: smoked turkey and collared greens
- Thursday: easy chicken and bean bake
- Friday: Ina’s 4th birthday (how???) - out to eat
- Saturday: my gym’s Christmas party
I hope you have a fantastic week! <3