How has the weekend been treating you so far?
Our’s has been so fun! Friday night we did the grocery shopping/pizza making/bath/going to bed at 9 thing. I was able to get enough rest to prepare for Saturday.
It started with a 3 mile run with Danielle,
shortly followed by my functional fitness class which was super fun because they pulled out the big toys and I finally had the chance to flip the tire.
After class Dan made breakfast while I read to the girls and we quickly got ready for Gibson’s second birthday party.
During the party the ladies were talking about their plan to do a wine walk downtown later that evening. It sounded like so much fun and like something I haven’t done in such a long time. I gave Dan the puppy dog look, quickly invited myself, and arranged for childcare for Cora (thanks Kim and Mom!!!).
It was a great night filled with tasty wine and fantastic company.
After the walk we rode KC’s new street car, which was so fun, to grab some pizza at Grinder’s.
I had a blast, but my head was happy to hit the pillow at 11. Phew, it was a late one for this girl.
Today we are going to church, visiting Papa at the nursing home, and then having small group at our house.
Here is my meal plan for the week:
- Sunday: leftovers
- Monday: pressure cooker chicken and rice with green beans
- Tuesday: perfect pot roast with salad
- Wednesday: sausage, kale, and white bean soup
- Thursday: paleo chicken fingers with roasted broccoli and cauliflower
- Friday: slow cooker chicken thighs with a creamy lemon sauce, roasted sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts
- Saturday: leftovers
- Food prep: egg and veggie casserole and sweet potato protein cookies
Have a fantastic day! <3