I had every intention of taking a rest day today, but my eyes popped open at 4:39 and I couldn’t go back to sleep. After 5 minutes of laying in bed wondering what type of workout my gym would be doing, I finally decided to just get up and go find out.
Whew, it was a doozy.
We are attending services for Papa Gordon today, but before we leave I wanted to list out what I was thankful for this week:
- Granny texted us that Papa had a good day (I wrote this on Thursday, but am way more thankful for it now)
- Amazon Prime streaming videos. If you have kiddos, you need to watch Room on the Broom and The Gruffalo
- Watching Ina recite The Pout Pout Fish while eating Pad Thai noodles (she held them up in the air and said, “…his tentacles were trailing in a gentle locomotion,” which of course made Cora attempt to do the same thing.
- I survived a week of 5 am workouts.
- My cube moved to the 3rd floor, which means only three flights of stairs in the morning instead of four. It’s the little things.
- Friends/neighbors stopping by.
- Dan allowed me to get in some good girl time. Wine Walk FTW.
- New earrings from a local artist. I am not super materialistic, but every once in a while, something new is nice.
- My mom and Kim for taking shifts to watch Cora! We are so blessed by our support system.
- We were able to tell Papa Gordon how much we loved him.
- Help with the girls at the nursing home from family.
- Car seat straps. Because after an incredibly emotional day and trying to keep two kids controlled at a nursing home for hours, sometimes they just need to be contained.
- Quiet morning time with Cora. We rarely get one-on-one time, so I have to take advantage of it when I can.
- Dan’s job flexibility that allowed him to help his mom this week.
- My mom made us dinner!
- Walks with the girls. Ina started jogging and said, “I need to do my exercises.”
- I successfully gave both girls dinner, a bath, read books, and put them in their own beds ALL BY MYSELF. I don’t know how single moms do it.
- The show This is Us and all the feels it gives me.
- Church cooked meals. Mmmm….so, so, so good.
- My friend Kathleen at work and her super coding skills. :)
- What people are willing to pay for used clothing on eBay. Seriously.
I hope you have a fantastic day. <3