We are camping right now and enjoying lots of delicious food cooked by people other than me. Bless their wonderful, amazing, generous hearts.
(Last year’s spread. I am sure this year will look just as good.)
(One more picture from last year. So little. Currently trying not to cry.)
Enjoying events, meals, and/or weekends like this is part of my “eating healthy but enjoying life plan.” However, the most important aspect of that plan is making sure those treats don’t leak into the rest of the week. The best way for me ensure this is to meal plan, or before I know it I am ordering a pizza on Monday during my drive home from work.
Here is my plan for the week:
- Sunday: sheet pan bruschetta chicken with potatoes and salad
- Monday: easy chicken and bean bake
- Tuesday: Indian turkey meatballs with brown rice and roasted brussels sprouts
- Wednesday: slower cooker turkey breast with roasted carrots and potatoes and salad
- Thursday: chicken apple sweet potato and brussels sprouts skillet
- Friday: GF pizza plus arugula salad
- Saturday: hamburger and veggie soup
- Snack prep:hard boiled eggs, veggies and hummus, pumpkin bars
As far as fitness goes, I am super excited to have joined a new bootcamp style / cross fit “light” type gym that is, get this, on my street. When I found out about them I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face. I tried a workout on Friday morning, absolutely loved it, and joined on the spot. I will hopefully have a more detailed post about the types of workouts we do after a few weeks or so.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Please let me know about any new/delicious recipes you are trying!
I plan to be back tomorrow with some pictures from the weekend. Until then, you can follow me on Instagram or Snapchat (username: runningwithrach).
Have a good week!