(Grandma June came over on Friday to help with Cora while I worked.)
I hope your weekend has been fantastic so far. Our’s has been pretty low key. After the funeral on Thursday we were ready for some down time.
(Kids playing after the funeral).
Friday night we hung around the house and enjoyed an amazing meal that our friends made us.
(Chicken pot pie with homemade biscuits, apple butter, and homemade butter. It doesn’t get better than this.)
Saturday I went to gym class.
(The assault bike and I have a love/hate relationship.)
I worked for a few minutes and then got the girls cleaned up to go to Target for a few essentials that we ran completely out of. Ina had a particularly hard time understanding why we had to buy toilet paper instead of Craoyla’s emoji making kit, but we all survived.
After a nap for Cora and a little quiet time for Ina we met up with Dan, his mom, and grandma to drive to Dan’s dad’s church for a hog roast/auction.
We had no idea what to expect, but had a complete blast. The food was fantastic and after we ate we sat in the church pews and experienced a real live auction of homemade goods donated to the church. We are now the proud owners of a Frozen blanket and lovely fall decor center piece. On the way home Dan and I were talking about how fun it would be to come back again next year.
Here is my meal plan for the week.
- Sunday: slow cooker hamburger heaven with salad
- Monday: with roasted broccoli and cauliflower
- Tuesday: one pan autumn chicken dinner
- Wednesday: peanut chicken sheet pan dinner with brown rice
- Thursday: sausage, kale, and white bean soup
- Friday: trail or treat
- Saturday: trunk or treat at my brother’s church
- breakfast and snacks: savory breakfast quinoa with steamed eggs, and pumpkin bars
I hope you have a great week! <3