Good morning and Happy Sunday!
How is it October already? Did September fly by for anyone else? Likewise, this past week flew by. Now that the yard always seems to be freshly mowed and the weather is just about perfect, the girls and I are spending a lot more time outside. Every night this week after dinner is prepped we go out and swing, play on the slide, dig in the sand, or kick the ball around.
A few other highlights from the week:
- Cora walked! I mean, she has taken a few steps here and there, but this week she started walking 5 feet at a time. She still prefers to crawl and walking takes a lot of coaxing, but it is possible.
- We have started a new bedtime routine which involves a lot more reading in Cora’s room. She is a fan of books, but not so much a fan of the books that Ina picks out. The competition has started my friends.
- I did this Squatember workout on Wednesday and today is the first day I am not sore. Seriously.
- Yesterday we took a huge family tour. We started out with a breakfast play date at my sister’s house (which is a genius idea by the way), then we visited my Grandma Beverly, then Papa Ed and Grandma June, and then finished up the day visiting Papa Gordon in the nursing home. The girls and I were both exhausted when we got home, but it was so good to see everyone.
I really miss this space and my blogging time, but lately it has been taken over by work time and Ina waking up at 5:30 every single morning this week. I have a goal of blogging a lot more in October. Let’s see if we can make that happen.
Here is my plan for the week.
- Sunday: Small Group chili night
- Monday: easy chicken and bean bake
- Tuesday: tomato basil artichoke chicken with brown rice pasta and roasted brussels sprouts
- Wednesday: Indian turkey meatballs brown rice and roasted broccoli
- Thursday: skillet orzo chicken with veggies
- Friday: Camping!
- Saturday: Camping!
Fitness: I am following Fitnessista’s Fall Fitness Plan for the next few weeks.
I hope you have a great week! <3