We had noisy visitor over for breakfast.
How has the weekend been so far? Our’s has been mostly Halloween focused, with a little exercise and birthday party thrown in.
Friday night Ina, my cousin, and I met my sister and her kids at a Trail or Treat. Dan and Cora stayed home so she didn’t turn into a pumpkin.
Saturday I met Danielle for an early 3 mile run and then ran to bootcamp for an awesome circuit workout. I inhaled my breakfast when I got home and will surely appreciate the rest day today.
I quickly called a patient and then we all cleaned up for Addy’s first birthday party where cuteness abounded.
After the birthday party we ran home for a little Cora nap time and a little house clean up time and soon it was time to head to my brother and sister-in-law’s church for trunk or treat.
We ate hot dogs, rode a train, and obtained a decent amount of candy.
Fun was had by all.
Today I am focusing on rest, which means we are going to church, grocery shopping, watching football, and then hosting small group. Apple crisp may or may not be created.
I am participating in Gina’s 7 Day Reset this week, which starts on Tuesday (eating with a focus on protein and produce while eliminating refined sugar and flour). Here is my meal plan:
- Sunday: Dan is smoking some meat today, so I will likely roast some veggies and bake some sweet potatoes
- Monday: We are planning on having something we can offer our friends who stop by our house for Trick or Treating. Chili? Nacho bar? Hot dogs?
- Tuesday: chicken fajitas
- Wednesday: Spanish chicken and rice with roasted green beans
- Thursday: slow cooker buffalo chicken with sweet potatoes and salad
- Friday: one pan herb crusted salmon and veggies
- Saturday: piri piri chicken with coined potatoes and tomato salad
- Meal/snack prep:
- Smoothies: my new favorite afternoon snack. I throw two handfuls of spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 T of almond butter, and some almond milk in the Ninja in the morning, then pour in a portable jar to take to work.
- The best salad with prepped chicken burgers
- Egg and veggie bake
Have a lovely week!