(Cora has been on a smoothie kick for breakfast. I am trying to convince her to take in some cow’s milk in the morning and a smoothie is the easiest way to make that happen.)
This weekend was a little all over the place. Ina made the last minute decision to go to the lake with my aunt and uncle, so Dan, Cora and I spent Friday night eating pizza and watching Gilmore Girls reruns.
Saturday morning we found out that Dan’s parents’ house was struck by lightening and caught on fire the night before. Thankfully, both Teresa and Gordon are OK, but the house is going to need a lot of work. Dan spent the day helping his mom with insurance claims, finding temporary housing, and cleaning out the fridge. Cora and I spent the day, um, well, watching Gilmore Girl reruns.
Sunday we went to church and then I cashed in my birthday request of a few hours of kid-less uninterrupted shopping. Chessa and I plowed our way through three stores and had a blast. Then Sunday afternoon we hosted our first small group of the season. It was absolutely great to have our house full of these families that we adore.
This week and weekend are looking a little more chill, but this is only Monday, so you never know what will come up. Here is my plan for the week:
- Monday: stuffed cabbage casserole
- Tuesday: My Birthday - out to eat, somewhere...
- Wednesday: bacon and brussels sprouts spaghetti carbonara
- Thursday: chicken and broccoli stir-fry with brown rice
- Friday: homemade pizza with arugula salad
- Saturday: beef and vegetable soup (Dan’s creation)
- Sunday: zuppa toscana
Fitness: Now that the weather has cooled down a bit and Dan leaves the house a bit later I am going to attempt to start running on a more consistent basis.
- Monday: Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Workout 3
- Tuesday: 3 mile run
- Wednesday: Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Workout 4
- Thursday: 3 mile run
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: 4 mile run
- Sunday: rest
I hope you have a fantastic week!