Wheeewwwww. What a week.
(Taken at a house we thought about possibly buying before reality hit and we realized we can barely meet our baseline requirements, let alone try to sell a house, move, and then maintain a house built over 100 years ago.)
This week I was firing all engines from the time I took my first sip of coffee to the time I pressed play to watch my nightly episode of Gilmore Girls. It was like the perfect storm of work demanding more of my time, plus the girls needing extra attention, plus our house/yard needing a few things done. A few highlights:
- We bought a brand new riding awn mower. This is super exciting for us as we buy almost everything else used. Dan mowed the yard two days in a row.
- I was able to stick to my workout plan, which somehow always seems easier when I have more things to do.
- Cora is officially weened from nursing. She isn’t the happiest about it, but I have to be honest and say that I am enjoying a little more freedom in the bedtime routine.
Things started to wind down around Friday morning and then by Friday night everything was chill just in time to have some friends come over for a sleepover. (Yes, adults do that.) We had some chili, started a fire outside, and stayed up way past our bedtime.
This is Malcolm and I am pretty sure he won my scientist heart forever when he told me that the marshmallow roasting on the fire was a “chemical change."
Then Saturday we made breakfast and hung around the house in the morning. My mom came over in the afternoon to watch the girls while Dan and I hit up the plaza art fair, which we love to do every year. The art was as cool as ever, but I have officially decided that watching the people is way more interesting.
Today is church, then visiting Papa Gordon at the nursing home, then small group, and hopefully some football.
Here is my plan for the week:
- Sunday: slow cooker white bean pumpkin turkey chili
- Monday: pernil with cilantro lime rice and cabbage slaw
- Tuesday: steak fajitas
- Wednesday: Asian glazed chicken with brown rice and roasted broccoli
- Thursday: pressure cooker Italian chicken
- Friday: pizza night
- Saturday: out to eat
- Food prep: pumpkin bars and hard boiled eggs
- Sunday: rest
- Monday: JM Body Revolution Workout 5
- Tuesday: 3 mile run
- Wednesday: JM Body Revolution Workout 6
- Thursday: rest
- Friday: HIIT Workout
- Saturday: 4 mile run
I hope you have a fantastic week!