The girls have been sick this week, but Tuesday and yesterday everyone seemed better until Cora was up all night last night. It has been an exhausting week, but finding things to be thankful for helps to stay positive. Here is what I found this week:
- Time for a mid-day workout (I overslept and didn't get it done in the morning).
- A relatively peaceful and uneventful 3.5 hour car ride to Branson.
- Family vacation time.
- Both girls took amazing afternoon naps after a morning of playing in the pool with Dan. Even though I missed them, I was able to get my work done.
- Lunch break at the pool and hot tub.
- Ferris wheels
- Infant life jackets
- Talking to someone about 50 years of marriage and the success involved when Christ is at the center (in the hot tub).
- Time with my grandparents
- Solo Aldi run
- Good books (just finished The Girl on the Train)
- Being able to work from home with two sick girls
- Ibuprofen (again - this stuff transformed Ina from a whining weakling to a normal kid within minutes).
- My mom came to the rescue to watch the girls while Dan and I went to counseling.
- Dan staying at home with the still feverish girls while I went in the office. He called mid-day to inform me that they were having a great time playing outside and that Cora liked drinking out of the dog's water bowl.
- The other scientists I work with who have so much expertise. I feel so blessed to be able to ask them advice at anytime.
- Skyline chili. Seriously, so good.
- Impromptu rest days
- Enjoying some outdoor family time (but then having to go inside to get Ina something to eat because it was meltdown city)
- Puzzles and popsicles
What are you thankful for?
Have a good weekend!