Whew, what a week! I am happy to get this one wrapped up, in the books, and behind me. Work was insane. The girls were sick. I couldn’t sleep. By Friday we had just enough energy to pop a pizza in the oven and sit on the couch while watching Star Wars The Force Awakens.
I worked Saturday morning and then we got ready to visit Dan’s family for the celebration of his step-dad’s life. There were over 70 people there and it was just lovely to talk to everyone and see all the kids play together.
The older (and by older I mean 4+) girls loved taking turns holding Cora and carrying her around on their hips. She tolerated it for long periods of time, but she had a few melt-down moments. One of them was when she felt I should be saving her instead of trying to take a picture.
This week looks to be just as crazy at work and we are on a mission to get our restaurant and grocery budget out of the red (because, summer), which means I need to have meals planned every night (and stick with them!).
Here is what this week looks like:
- Sunday: taco salad with ground turkey and the beans I took to the party yesterday that didn’t cook in time (hmph…)
- Monday: curry chicken tenders (pre-seasoned by my boyfriend TJ) with brown rice and roasted broccoli
- Tuesday: herb roasted whole chicken with potatoes, carrots, and arugula salad
- Wednesday: one pot cheeseburger casserole with peas
- Thursday: honey glazed chicken with veggie rice
- Friday: breakfast for dinner (bacon, eggs, and leftover veggies roasted)
- Saturday: birthday party + house warming party = no cooking!
Fitness: For the first time since starting body revolution, I missed three days in a row of working out. It made me sad, but yesterday I went for a run and I am ready to get back in the saddle this week.
I am hoping to get caught up on life today. Wish me luck.