This week I was thankful for:
- Our volunteer squash(?) plant that is thriving right next to our back door. I can’t wait to see what it is.
- Dan found the last library book we were missing. Why is it that there is always one that is nowhere to be found on the day they are due?
- Cora laughing at the dinner table with the rest of the family, which of course made us laugh harder, which made her laugh harder, which made us all hysterical.
- Dan’s grandma watched the girls, which I love. Ina always comes home with a new interesting perspective.
- Dinner at the Nyberg’s. It is always lovely to catch up with friends.
- Jeans day at work!
- Shopping at Target with just one child (bonus for her being the one not able to walk)
- Make-up time with Ina
- Celebrating my aunt’s milestone birthday party with some other ladies in my family.
- Our church’s worship. It is just fantastic. We missed last week from being at the lake, and I was excited to be back.
- Time to visit with Dan’s step-dad. He is officially in hospice now, which just really stinks. Although I will say that his spirits were up, the same as always, when we saw him.
- A restful evening. I didn’t get home until 1 AM from the concert, which is far later than my typical 8:30 bedtime.
- Ina’s dentist appointment was amazing. These types of things are always hit or miss with kids, and the appointment was a grand slam. She had so much fun she kept on asking if we could go back.
- My mom watching the girls this week while Danielle is out of town. Having a support system is priceless.
- Ina’s last t-ball practice. I am glad we signed her up, but I am also glad it is over.
- Help with birthday party decorations from my mom, along with some unsolicited help from Ina. If you see me in the next few weeks I will likely have glitter on my face.
- The ability to work from home. I love lots of things about my job, but this is one of the best.
- Pinterest and DIY tutorials that make me believe I am crafty enough to do anything. Ha!
- Data to play with at work. I love graphs.
- Dinner with the Nash family. We sat on the patio, which was hot, but well worth it because the kids could roam around. Makiya noticed how dirty Cora’s feet were getting and washed them off with some wipes. So cute.
- Cora started clapping! Now I just need to train her to clap to the beat of Happy Birthday. Ha!
Have a good week! What are you thankful for?