How are things going on your side of the internet? Things are moving along over here, in a crazy sort of way. When I found out I was pregnant with Cora I told myself that I would struggle for the first year and then I would get a grip on things.
Well, Cora turns one in a week and a half and I don’t even have a loose grip. Maybe I should double that leeway now that I have two kids? Ha!
I have to be honest and say that I dropped the ball this week and didn’t write what I was thankful for each day, which, looking back, decreased my mood a noticeable amount. I will pick the ball back up this week, but until then I have some random things I am thankful for:
- Coffee that doesn’t get cold - thank you Yeti
- Family dinners where everyone stays seated and eats what is in front of them. Between Cora wanting me to hold her, Ina “thinking” she is a picky eater, and me getting up to get the 10th thing I forgot to bring to the table, this is seriously a novelty.
- Cora picked a toothbrush I was almost finished with to use as a toilet scrubber. I never had to worry about this with Ina, but Cora loves to play with all water - even toilet water.
- Family. We are surrounded by so many people we love and it is amazing.
- Jesus and grace and love and hope. All day everyday.
What are you thankful for?