This week i was thankful for:
- Checkboxes getting checked.
- Finally setting up a college fund for the girls.
- Finding a Christian counseling center that bills insurance.
- Coming home to a clean house.
- Lunch out to eat with one of my sister-in-laws. The conversation was lovely and I had this amazing brussels sprouts-arugula salad with bacon, cranberries, toasted almonds and a honey-dijon dressing that I am going to attempt to recreate soon.
- Catching up with friends.
- Having a rainy lazy day to not to anything.
- The girls playing together. Hearing them laugh at the same time puts a smile on my face.
- Pizza. Sometimes it just makes sense.
- Finishing a book.
- A walk before church.
- Family get togethers at the park. Genius.
- Slow mornings.
- Visiting my grandparents the same time as my sister without even planning it. We must just think alike.
- Friends inviting us over to watch fireworks.
- The fact that I am not 38 weeks pregnant right now. At Ina’s swim school there is a mom who is due on the exact day I was due with Cora last year and every time I look at her I am reminded about how incredibly hot and uncomfortable I was those last few weeks.
- Fresh garden tomatoes. Is there anything better?
- Our church.
- Our financial advisor visiting our house so that we didn’t have to find care for the girls and leave them after leaving work all day. Speaking of that, apparently Dan had told Ina that our meeting was important so that one day mommy and daddy didn’t have to work. Well, she took that very literally, and was so excited for the afternoon telling me over and over again that I wouldn’t have to go to work after the meeting. Then, after the meeting was over, she looked over our paperwork, asked me how to spell “no work” and after some intense writing, said, “OK Momma, you don’t have to work anymore.” Broke my heart.
- The abundance of kale in my garden. I ate it three times yesterday.
- Work is starting to pick up, with some more exciting projects on the horizon.