We are on our way home from Branson, MO where we had a great time celebrating a full year as a family of four.
We mostly hung out at the hotel to swim, but we did leave for a few adventures: go-karts, bumper boats, and a water park.
Ina has been a little under the weather, but we are hoping a day of rest and car riding is what she needs to feel better.
The week after a weekend away is always totally crazy, so I made it a point to have a plan in place and the shopping list made before we left. The plan is to stop by the store while the girls are still sleeping peacefully on the way home. That's totally going to happen, right?
Here is what the dinner plan is for this week:
- Sunday: LEFTOVERS: we cooked a lot at the hotel this weekend, so we will have plenty to eat when we get home
- Monday: skillet chili mac with salad
- Tuesday: skyline chili over sweet potatoes and roasted brussels
- Wednesday: Indian Turkey Meatballs with brown rice and roasted broccoli
- Thursday: salmon patties with peas and corn
- Friday: grilled flank steak with chimichurri, roasted potatoes, and salad
- Saturday: party at Dan's parents' house to celebrate his step-dad's life. We are supposed to bring a Mexican dish and a dessert so I am thinking tamale pie and monster cookies. (Update: Dan's step-dad (Papa Gordon) is currently in hospice care and the doctors have predicted that he doesn't have much time left. It is just heart breaking. However, his spirits are up and we are trying to squeeze in as many visits to see him as possible).
On the fitness front I am finishing up my last two weeks of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. Whew. While this was a doozy I am so glad I did it and feel significantly stronger, particularly in my arms, back, and abdomen muscles.
I hope you have a fantastic week. I will see you again soon!