This week I was thankful for:
- Impromptu ice cream parties
- My tribe
- Being able to exercise at work. Although next time I need to remember a towel.
- Packing lists.
- The Dollar Store and how easy it is to park, grab two kids out of the car, and purchase the wipes I forgot to pack plus a few “necessary” snacks.
- The Disney Pandora station.
- People nice enough to tow our boat to a gas pump and when the gas pump was out of gas go all the way back home to bring gas.
- Floatation devices.
- Cora stopped crying for the last 15 minutes of our drive home.
- Reuniting with Dan and having family cuddle sessions.
- While eating dinner Ina told me, “Yum, mom, you did a really good job on this chicken.” She has now figured out the way to my heart.
- Cora is still happy to sit in a stroller that isn’t moving for 30 minutes or so. I know those days are numbered, so I am thankful for them while they last.
- Catching up with high school friends and watching them as moms, even though I still think of them standing by their locker or wearing a basketball jersey.
- Library books. I checked out The Happiness Project and Wild and am excited to read them.
- Eight years of marriage!
- My phone screen is fixed! I can use it without risking my fingers being stabbed with glass.
- Corn on the cob. Or as Ina calls it, “corn on ma-cob"
- Bucket lists.
- Grace and mercy and love and forgiveness.
What are you thankful for?