Good morning lovelies!
This week I was thankful for:
- Arriving home just before a huge storm came through.
- Even though my phone is completely shattered (grrrr…I dropped it while trying to carry a sleeping Ina and all of my stuff), it is still usable.
- When Ina cries, which happens about once a day, Cora starts yelling/grunting with the biggest smile on her face. It is almost like Cora thinks that Ina is trying to communicate with her. So, Ina crying is the highlight of Cora’s day, which, as you can imagine, doesn’t sit so well with Ina. I have learned the best way to deal with all of that is to sit back and watch it play out.
- My mom watching the girls while I worked from home.
- Jesus and his love for me. And you.
- Finding Nemo. I love laughing out loud with Ina at the same joke.
- Farmer’s Market sights and sounds and smells. This is my happy place.
- Fake Star Wars tattoos.
- Our family survived the maiden voyage on our boat. All six minutes of it. Barely. That is all I will say about that.
- Our church and their amazing talent at leading worship. During a song Dan leaned over to me and whispered, “I would pay to experience this."
- This book. It is like she speaks directly to my soul.
- Dan doing everything for dinner - including the grocery shopping.
- Two minutes of drinking my coffee in silence with a beautiful view after sleeping in until 7. (HUGE for me.)
- Big family get togethers.
- One cup of gelato shared by many.
- Dinner together as a family. At the table. Everyone eating and sitting (mostly) still.
- The structure of a weekday. Although I love weekends, I also enjoy the structure of the workweek grind.
- Ina’s swim lessons finally paying off. She can swim with her head down across the pool for almost 10 seconds consistently.
- Friends at work.
- Summer wild flowers.
- Making the last minute decision to take a family trip to the pool instead of cook dinner and/or work out. We had a blast and the girls slept like rocks.
What are you thankful for?