Happy Father’s Day to all of you guys out there. I certainly have some fantastic men in my life and am incredibly grateful my daughters will grow up surrounded by a dad, grandpas, uncles, and good friends who adore them.
This weekend has been great so far. Friday night we visited my grandparents who are back at home. I called my sister and mentioned we were going and she decided to meet us there.
Being a queen is always better with a cousin.
Saturday I worked out first thing in the morning (I am on a mission to re-start this habit) and then had two birthday parties to attend. First, our friend Rayna’s at the local pool.
Dan stayed home with Cora, which gave Ina and I the perfect opportunity for a little play date.
The second party was my niece’s 16th, during which I reached my daily photo fatigue. After the party I dropped Ina off and Papa Dan’s and Nina Stacy’s house so they could take her to a firefly exhibit at a local nature center.
Judging by the pictures they sent, I think they had a good time.
Being down one kid I took the only logical next step: I went grocery shopping.
You might think this was sad for Cora’s one-on-one momma time, but she had a blast. She had a bag of cheese crackers to herself and strangers smiled at and complimented her and she got to ride in a grocery cart while I made fun sound effects. Good times.
Here is my plan for the week:
Food: I am starting another round of the DP detox for a month(ish). Basically a focus on clean food without dairy, sugar, or gluten.
- Sunday: out to eat for Father’s Day
- Monday: easy chicken and bean bake (I’m seriously not going to stop with this one. I throw it together 5 minute before we leave for Ina’s t-ball practice, set the oven to cook time and come home to dinner ready to serve.)
- Tuesday: slow cooker pasta sauce with brown rice noodles and roasted brussels sprouts
- Wednesday: grilled flank steak with chimichuri, smashed potatoes, and roasted cauliflower
- Thursday: pistachio crusted salmon, herbed rice, and roasted broccoli
- Friday: grilled buffalo chicken, roasted cauliflower, corn on the cob, and beets
- Saturday: out to eat/leftovers
Fitness: Week 7 and 8 of JM Body Revolution. Wowza. These workouts are hard, but I can actually feel the muscles in my body getting stronger. I am pretty thankful for a rest day today.
I hope you have a blessed week!