Good morning! I am trying something new with Thankful Thursday. I have been trying to write down three things I am thankful for in my planner everyday, as a practice to constantly be thankful.
Here is what I had this week:
- I am thankful for help at work with big projects and for sending those big projects off. Finalized. Whew.
- I am thankful for Dan’s grilled chicken. YUM.
- I am thankful for Cora’s new baby swing. (Although Ina has pretty much commandeered it.)
- I am thankful for restaurants that cook me dinner so I don’t have to. And serve it to me. And do the dishes.
- I am thankful that other people around me carry cash, so that I don’t have to do the dishes when restaurants are cash only.
- I am thankful for my grandpa and grandma’s continued healing.
- I am thankful that Dan and I survived zip lining through the woods
- I am thankful for the family we have that help watch the girls. This time it was Dan’s grandma at first, but then so many other people stopped by to say hi!)
- I am thankful for Star Wars and that my whole family (even Cora!) enjoy watching the movies as much as I do.
- I am thankful for our lovely neighbors for letting us borrow their lawn mower because ours’ is currently broken down. (You know you are a redneck when you mow around a broken down riding lawn mover with another riding lawn mover…)
- I am thankful for the woman at Aldi who saw that I had a baby and walked her cart over to me. She said that someone blessed her, so she was blessing me.
- I am thankful for Jesus and the way he taught us to live by his example. We just finished up an awesome sermon series at church about Jesus’s words from the cross and I wanted to slow clap when it was over.
- I am thankful for the umbrella and chocolate bar I keep in my cube at work for “just in case” (I had to use both on this day)
- I am thankful that our grass seed has finally started sprouting. Poor Dan has been pouring hours of his life into growing this grass and I am so happy that something has finally come of it.
- I am thankful for family walks and exploring.
- I am thankful that Dan finally chain-sawed down the bush/weed that was taking over the front of my house.
- I am thankful for my small group ladies and the wisdom they bring
- I am thankful for our double jogging stroller
- I am thankful for my office’s generous party at fancy bowling alley. It was so great to be in a social setting with a few co-workers. To talk about work…
- I am thankful for Dan turning my “meh” lunch leftovers into once of the must delicious meals ever by adding buffalo wing sauce. Mmmm…
- I am thankful for friends that don’t like their clothes anymore, so I inherit them.