Happy Valentine’s Day!
[Throwback circa 2013. I need to update this one!]
Or as Ina says, “Valentime’s Day!” I told her that if we ask someone to by our valentine, that is like saying, “I love you.” So of course she walked around the house asking Dan, Cora, and me to be her valentine all day and kept on thinking of new people she wanted to ask. Then she finally said, “I want everyone who was at my birthday party to be my valentine."
She knows how to get things covered.
This weekend has been great so far. Dan pushed me out of the house for a super cold run on Friday after work
and then took Ina to the fish fry at the Catholic church down the street while Cora and I stayed home with our vegetables. (Last time I checked, fried fish wasn’t on the detox plan).
Then Saturday I did this barre burner, worked for a bit, then Ina and I went on a grocery shopping/library date.
We had a seriously good time and I need to remind myself to allow more one-on-one time with her. Because of the nursing situation, when Dan and I split parenting duties, I usually get Cora and he gets Ina. Now that Cora is eating big(ger) girl food, she doesn’t need me as often.
We ended the day with having some new friends over for fajitas, which was fantastic.
Who says cold weekends have to be dull?
Today we are going to church and thinking about going taking the girls to the aquarium to celebrate Vday with a family date.
Here’s my plan for the week:
- Sunday: paleo salmon cakes with roasted broccoli and brown rice
- Monday: roasted whole chicken and root vegetables
- Tuesday: white chicken chili with roasted brussels sprouts
- Wednesday: Asian crack slaw
- Thursday: vegetable Korma with brown rice
- Friday: almond meal chicken fingers, roasted green beans, baked sweet potatoes
- Saturday: out to eat with friends
- Lunches: leftovers for Marinated kale and chicken bowls
- Breakfasts: eggs in a basket and smoothies
Fitness: Winter Shape-up Week 4
I hope you have a lovely Valentine’s Day spent with the ones you love.