This weekend has been great, despite the fact that both girls have had a fever and I have not gotten much sleep. But, let’s not focus on the lows. Some highs from the weekend:
- Another super easy dinner: chicken sausage, roasted broccoli, and smashed potatoes. One pan. Thirty minutes. Yum.
- Friday night bath time. When Cora is in her Bumbo she can almost actually play with Ina in the water and watching them interact is just about the cutest thing ever. Ina splashes water in Cora’s face and I almost stop her, but then Cora just laughs and loves it.
- I made some paleo coffee creamer. The detox is going very well with one little problem - I REALLY miss cream in my coffee and almond milk just isn’t cutting it. I made this recipe and it helped. A lot. (But Racheal, I thought you couldn’t have coffee on the Daniel Plan Detox? Correct. However, giving up coffee when I am not sleeping at all would pretty much mean giving up on life right now and I am not ready to do that. So, I have significantly decreased my coffee consumption to one cup in the morning and occasionally one cup in the afternoon.)
- Danielle and I went on an early morning run on Saturday morning.
It was so nice to chat with her without our kiddos and have her there to keep me moving. It has been some time since I have run 3 miles at a good pace without stopping and I was spent by the end.
- I spoke to pharmacy students about my career path, which I was happy to do, but also happy to get it over with. Those types of things always stress me out. While I was away Dan took the girls to his grandma’s house and they had fun playing. I don’t think they even missed me.
-We went out to eat for my mom’s birthday.
No pictures of the birthday girl (I was busy making sure my meal didn’t have dairy in it and trying to soothe my fussy baby), but it was nice to see a lot of the family.
Today we are going to church, have some family after, then small group and watching the game while eating some chili.
Here is my plan for the week:
- Sunday: chili + salad (I made a pretty good salad dressing with some fancy vinegar, EVOO, mustard, garlic, and S+P)
- Monday: chicken and veggie fajitas and spanish brown rice
- Tuesday: balsamic chicken with roasted vegetables
- Wednesday: crockpot picadillo, brown rice, and salad
- Thursday: pressure cooker chicken and lentil soup
- Friday: vegetaria korma with brown rice
- Saturday: salmon cakes with peas and roasted carrots
- Lunches: leftovers or with Greek Chicken with Mediterranean quinoa salad (minus the feta)
- Breakfasts: smoothies or egg rice cups (working on a finding a recipe)
- Snacks: almond joy energy bites, hb eggs, or veggies with hummus
Fitness: Week 3 of The Fitnessista’s Winter Shape Up:
Have a lovely week! <3