Let’s all pause to look at this beautiful sight together.
Friday night Ina stayed the night with Granny and Papa and Cora decided to be generous and give me SIX straight hours of sleep.
So, what’s a girl to do with six hours straight of sleep and only one kid (who can’t move and sleeps a lot) to take care of?
Let’s see: two loads of laundry, unloaded/loaded the dishwasher, called 4 patients, a yoga video, meal planned and grocery shopped online for the week, baked a batch of breakfast cookies, made 3 batches of baby food in the bullet (avocado, brown rice, and peas), plucked my eyebrows, made my bed, took a nice long shower, played with Cora, priced, hung, and organized half of the clothes we are selling on consignment, enjoyed breakfast and lunch sitting down at the table, and studied for my bible study, all before we left to pick Ina up at 1.
Last night’s sleep was per usual with Ina-Cora-Dog-Dan waking me up for different reasons, but it didn’t seem to matter as much once I had a full night’s sleep. Let’s aim for that once a week family.
Other things to note:
- Ina is not ready to drop her nap. I thought she was, but poor girl broke down at my grandparents’ house yesterday and slept hard through the drive home, being carried inside, watching the Chiefs lose (wwaaahhh), the groceries being delivered, and Dan getting home from work. We eventually had to wake her up for dinner.
(Picture actually taken on Thursday when I told her we were going on a walk, but it couldn’t be to the park because the sun was going to set in 10 minutes. The horror.)
Here is my plan for the week. I am hoping to make it a good one!
- Sunday: lemon chicken stew [sub brown rice for orzo pasta] with salad
- Monday: pork roast with potatoes, carrots, and salad (I have a huge thing of spring mix in the fridge)
- Tuesday: crack slaw
- Wednesday: baked garlic parmesan chicken with roasted broccoli and baked sweet potato
- Thursday: salsa verde honey lime chicken and rice bake with salad
- Friday: out to eat with friends (!!!)
- Saturday: chicken tikka masala with rice and roasted broccoli
- Snacks/breakfasts/prep: protein chia seed pudding, peanut butter oatmeal breakfast cookies, and smoothies
- Sunday: rest
- Monday: Blast and Burn [cardio + strength]
- Tuesday: 3 mile run
- Wednesday: rest
- Thursday: Barre HIIT + Barre Total Body
- Friday: Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown
- Saturday: 3 mile run
I hope you have a lovely week!