When Ina was around 6 months old I distinctly remember reaching a point where the sleep deprivation started really getting to me. The same thing is happening this time around, now that we are transitioning the girls to their own beds.
The good news is that both Ina and Cora have slept in their own rooms and haven’t been in our bed at all for an entire week.
The bad news is that I am losing my mind and I haven’t spent all that much time in our bed either.
I could give you so many examples, but there are two that really stick out. A few nights ago I “woke up” in the hallway to hearing Cora screaming. I went to her room and Dan was in there changing her diaper. This is a big deal because Dan isn’t woken up easily. He asked where I was, because apparently I wasn’t in bed with him, and I honestly couldn’t answer him. The first memory I had was the hallway and I don’t know how I got there.
Then, yesterday the girls in my small group celebrated two new babies joining our family. We went to this awesome restaurant which I knew had a gyro (my favorite food) because I had looked and the menu beforehand and was looking forward to eating it all week. While the other girls were looking over the menu I kept on talking about how I didn’t even need to look at the menu because I love gyros.
So, imagine my surprise when the waiter brought out the food and put a ruben down in front of me. I politely told him I had ordered a gyro and everyone at the table said, “No, you ordered a ruben.”
Sigh. The ruben was good too.
I feel like I should be allowed to wear a sign that says, “Sleep training: the thoughts in my head aren’t connected to what comes out of my mouth."
Other weekend happenings:
- On Friday night we met with some other friends for dinner and really didn’t have a problem taking both girls to a restaurant.
- The Chiefs won their first playoff game since I can remember. This really is a fantastic time to be a KC sports fan.
- I shopped at Wal-Mart and didn’t lose my cool (this needs to be documented)
- I am *almost* done with T25
Today we are going to church and then I am going to attempt to shampoo our carpets. Fun times at The Kendrick House.
Here is my plan for the week:
- Sunday: fajitas with cabbage slaw and Mexican brown rice
- Monday: copycat PF chang chicken lettuce wraps with veggie fried quinoa
- Tuesday: skillet chicken cordon bleu with roasted beets and broccoli
- Wednesday: slow cooker cheeseburger soup with salad
- Thursday: buffalo chicken casserole with salad
- Friday: out to eat
- Saturday: one pot chili mac with salad
Fitness: I am finishing up T25 and then I am going to wing it the rest of the week. Is it wrong when your plan is to wing it? Does that even count?
Have a lovely week! <3