Kansas City has been hit with a heat wave and the girls and I have been taking advantage of it. We dusted off the BOBs and have gone on three walks/runs in the past three days.
Man, it feels so good to get outside again and move around. I think everyone else agrees, because the sidewalks have been very crowded and last night the park was busier than I have ever seen, even on a nice summer day. Ina made an addition to her “best friend list” and I talked to someone over the age of 3, so it was an all around win.
Tomorrow I am starting another round of The Daniel Plan Detox, (basically eat real food, lots of vegs, no sugar, gluten, dairy, bad fats, or alcohol) so planning my meals, grocery list, and snacks took a little extra effort. But first, pizza.
Here is my plan for the week:
- Sunday: slow cooker cheeseburger soup with salad
- Monday: Asian crack slaw
- Tuesday: one pot Spanish chicken and potatoes with roasted broccolini
- Wednesday: chicken and bean bake
- Thursday: one pan smashed potatoes, chicken sausage, and roasted broccoli
- Friday: sun dried tomato turkey burgers with baked sweet potatoes and salad
- Saturday: out to eat for my mom’s birthday
- Snacks: smoothies [my go-to recipe is 1/2 frozen banana, 2 handfuls of spinach, 1 TBS almond butter, and 11/2 C almond milk], hummus with carrots, hard boiled eggs, and almond joy energy bites
- Breakfasts: eggs in a basket and spaghetti squash quiche
Today’s prep: make energy bites, shred brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes for breakfasts, make hummus, and hard boil eggs.
Fitness: Week two of Winter Shape Up.
I hope you have a lovely week!