Hi! Happy Almost New Year!
Yesterday I worked from home while Ina recovered from her 12 hour fever. She played on my phone, colored, stamped, and talked. A lot. The girl still has a ferocious cough, but otherwise is feeling better.
After work we hung around the house until it was time to meet my family at Jack Stack BBQ. My cousin Liz was in town from NY, so all 27 of us met at what felt like the most crowded place in KC.
It was nice to see everyone in my family that we missed over Christmas due to weather.
I had a rest day yesterday, so no workout recap, but here is what I was thankful for:
- A new humidifier - the one in Cora’s room went out and I was able to get a replacement without having proof of purchase. Mom life.
- Being able to work from home while staying home with a sick kiddo. On that note, very few emails. I love the holidays.
- Ina and Cora’s fish they received for Christmas are still alive. I didn’t think they would make it this long, so anything else is a bonus.
As you all know, I am a huge goal person, so of course I had to think of some goals for 2017. I put a calendar reminder every 3 months to remind me to evaluate them. Let’s make it happen.
Health and Fitness:
- Do a pull-up. Perhaps picturing myself rocking these out with Ina at the park would help? Ha!
- Do “real” push-ups (knees off the floor, chest touches the ground)
- Maintain a clean eating style with a few more strict periods of time to get the ball rolling
- Learn a new skill (I have my eye on a few classes)
- Be mindful of my “down” time and use it more wisely.
- Make a decision on our house. Either sell it or come up with a plan to pay it off early that we are happy with. (Dan and I have been back and forth about this thousands of times and we just can’t make a decision.)
- Max out our Roth IRAs
- Read books with the girls daily. The best time for me is right when we get home from work/daycare, before the dinner/bedtime routine starts.
- Continue marriage counseling. Even though we have worked through the issues that drove us to start going to counseling, Dan and I have continued to go and make useful time with the counselor. We actually love it. However, it can be tempting to not take the time to go when so many other things are going on at the same time.
- PRINT PICTURES
- Daily morning and evening prayer
- FLOSS (I am the worst about this)
- Blogging almost daily. I really, really miss taking the time to write daily and I want to get it back in my life. So, I am going to. Decided. In order to get my brain back in this mindset, I will likely go back to the old way of taking pictures of my food, talking about my workouts daily, etc.
Any 2017 goals for you?