Good Sunday morning!
I hope you had a great holiday weekend.
Our's was fantastic. We hosted our first ever Thanksgiving, with our oven being fixed merely hours beforehand.
Our only mix-up was that we (and by “we” I mean “I”) roasted the turkey with the giblet bag still inside it. Oops.
However, that didn’t seem to matter because the turkey still tasted great, the rolls raised, the cranberry relish was just tart enough, and the gravy was flowin’. We had enough to feed 17 with plenty of leftovers.
I have to give a shout-out to Dan, who was a fantastic help and even helped my sister clean the kitchen afterwards AND woke up early the next day to make breakfast.
We were greeted the next morning with some ice, so we have mostly hunkered down, put up Christmas decorations, participated in Black Friday with a little online shopping, and enjoyed leftovers. Hopefully we can get out of the house today for church and a little grocery shopping.
I knew I had hung around in my PJs a little too long when I changed into my workout clothes and Ina said “Oooh, Mom, are those your workout clothes? You look FANCY!"
Besides changing out of my PJs before 9 am, here in my plan for the week:
- Sunday: chicken fried rice with all the raw veggies left in our crisper drawer
- Monday: meatloaf (from the freezer) with leftover Thanksgiving sides (we ran out of turkey, but the potatoes, salads, and stuffing are still in abundance)
- Tuesday: baked garlic parmesan chicken with steamed broccoli and cauliflower and pasta with red sauce
- Wednesday: Ina’s birthday (out to eat somewhere “fancy”)
- Thursday: taco soup with salad
- Friday: Chipotle (keeping it real)
- Saturday: my nephew Jake’s birthday party!
Fitness: I am having to double up due to my middle of the week “rest” days, although I would argue that cooking all day one day and dragging all the Christmas decorations out of the basement the next definitely kept me active.
- Sunday: T25 Speed 2.0 + Dynamic Core
- Monday: T25 Rip’t Circuit
- Tuesday: T25 Dynamic Core
- Wednesday: T25 Core Cardio
- Thursday: T25 Dynamic Core
- Friday: T25 Speed 2.0 + Upper Focus
- Saturday: REST
I hope you have a wonderful week!