I hope you have had a fantastic weekend so far!
Our’s has been great. A few things worth noting:
- Dan and I joined my siblings and their spouses at the first Royals playoff game (thanks to our super awesome dad who gave us tickets).
We had so much fun, even though they lost. I should also note that this was my first time leaving Cora, and although it may have taken four adults to take turns soothing her, everyone survived.
-The girls and I went to my grandparents’ house on Friday morning to hang out.
I wish I had done a little more of that during maternity leave, because I enjoyed talking to them and Ina enjoyed playing hopscotch with Grandma Ina.
- Ina has spent the past few nights with Dan’s parents, so Cora and I have been hanging out. It has been nice to get some one-on-one time with her and really get the chance to focus on her coos, smiles, and laughs.
I got super brave last night and decided to go shopping for a few back-to-work staples, which I instantly regretted. You want a new kind of miserable? Attempt trying on clothes that don’t fit right while a baby (that isn’t hungry or dirty) is screaming at you. I got home and immediately put in another request for Stitch Fix (<—referral link).
Here is my plan for the week:
Food: I have decided to try to double all of the dinners I am cooking this week and freeze the other half for when I go back to work, which is the following week (whelp).
- Sunday: shepard’s pie
- Monday: chicken fajitas with roasted broccoli
- Tuesday: roast chicken with potatoes and carrots
- Wednesday: skyline chili with kale salad
- Thursday: slow cooker sausage, spinach, and tomato soup
- Friday: leftovers or out to eat
- Saturday: dinner with Dan’s dad
Fitness: I ended up doing mostly T25 with one walk/run with the girls this week and I really liked mixing it up.
- Sunday: T25 abs
- Monday: T25 total body circuit
- Tuesday: 3 mile walk/run
- Wednesday: T25 cardio
- Thursday: T25 total body circuit
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: The Great Pumpkin Run 5K (enter “Rachel5” for $5 off if you want to join us!)
I hope you have a fantastic week!